Share |

BRYAN AUDITORIUM CAPITAL CAMPAIGN

importuser

BRYAN AUDITORIUM CAPITAL CAMPAIGN

By importuser at 1/8/2010 1:24 PM

Posted by:carsnfrd
just updated again!!!
over 20 signed up---just 28 to go!
need some good old Carthage College Grads---I know your out there!!!
thanks
Rob
importuser

Re: BRYAN AUDITORIUM CAPITAL CAMPAIGN

By importuser at 1/20/2010 12:47 PM

I'm real close to finishing this up--please consider taking your graduation year from Carthage High!! All you have to do is help the "seats for life" campaign get in touch with your fellow classmates--it can be as little as forwarding emails and posting on facebook. Come on 90's I know you've all got email and your all much more techy than us older folks! Let's see what 48 Carthage high school blueboys and bluegirls can accomplish!
I'd like to finish this up this week, so if you know of anyone from these class's that would be interested please have them contact me
thanks
Rob
1-217-357-1599
carsnfrd@adams.net

remaining openings:
61--63
90--91--92--93--94--96--99
03--06--07

CARTHAGE COLLEGE "CLASS OF"
A2--50
A10--51
A12--52
B2--53
B4--54
B6--55
B8--56
B10--57
B12--58
C2--59
C4--60
C6--61
C8--62
C10--63
C12--64
CARTHAGE HIGH SCHOOL "CLASS OF"
A113--60--Terry Newell tlnewell@frontiernet.net
A1--61   
A7--62--Donna Walker djwalker@adams.net
B1--63
B3--64--Curt Wilhite  cwilhite@frontiernet.net
B5--65--Mike Kilgore    mike@myobgynrecruiter.com

B7--66--Hod Dean advertising@journalpilot.com
B9--67--John Huston jhuston@adams.net
C1--68--Jeanie (McHugh) Jones  jjones01@mchsi.com
C3--69--Mary Lynn (Carson) Tucker MTucker@blessinghospital.com
C5--70--Michael Thompson MR-Thompson3@wiu.edu
C7--71--Ron Schulz ron.schulz@mchsi.com

C9--72
D1--73--Dave Walker dwalkerref@gmail.com
D3--74--Kevin Youngmeyer kyoungmeyer@netscape.net
D5--75--Karla (Reed) Johnson  Karlajohnson@mchsi.com
D7--76--Dick Burling richard.burling@il.usda.gov
D9--77--Julie Seaton julie.seaton@hhsc.state.tx.us

E1--78--Janet (Alexander) Geissler farmer_four@hotmail.com
E3--79--George Pintar gpcarson@mchsi.com
E5--80--Kathy (Seaton) Farrens kathy@farrensdesign.com
E7--81--Tim Snyder tdsnyder@mchsi.com
E9--82--Jeff Cokel jcokel@mchsi.com
F1--83--Jennifer Edholm jedholm@cesd317.org
F3--84--Stephanie (Freeman) Willey willey@mchsi.com

F5--85--Rusty Willey willey@mchsi.com

F7--86--Teresa Smith tsmith@mhtlc.org
F9--87
G1--88--Kelly (Plumley) Freeman kelly.freeman@mercbanx.com or (home) kellybfreeman@yahoo.com   
G3--89--Jerilyn Miller tfs32@frontiernet.net

G5--90
G7--91
G9--92
H1--93
H3--94
H5--95--Amy (Alison) Bergman auntamy@hotmail.com
H7--96--

H9--97--Lydia (Schmudlach) Gutting lgutting@frontiernet.net
J1--98--Kristin (Menn) Huls khuls@illinois.edu
J3--99
J5--00--Jared Murphy jmurphy@martinbros.com

J7--01--Jamie Whitcomb  Jwhitcomb@yetterco.com
J9--02--Kirstin (Kelly) Cramer pastimes@adams.net
K1--03
K3--04--Megan Smiddy megan.smiddy@gmail.com
K5--05--Ashley Squier
K7--06
K9--07

importuser

By importuser at 1/23/2010 1:00 PM

Dear President Campbell
My name is Rob Carson and I am contacting you about an exciting rebirth of the former Carthage College Campus in Carthage Illinois.
The campus is now back in local ownership hands and the former Bryan Auditorium has been gifted to Carl Sandburg Junior College. The Charger Center Auditorium/fitness center/gymnasium has gone from a wish and a dream to a reality.
It is my hope, as this project goes forward, that all institutions that have an undeniable history tied to this property will see the mutual benefits of breathing life back into its walls.
I look forward to working with Carthage College on this project.
"Honor the Past--Build the Future"
Rob Carson
Chairman
Charger Community Center
Auditorium Capital Campaign
1-217-357-1599
carsnfrd@adams.net
importuser

By importuser at 1/30/2010 12:58 PM

Hi Guys,
Thank you so much for agreeing to help me get out the word about the "Seats for Life" and specifically the "Class of" seat campaign for the Charger Community Center Auditorium Campaign! Out of the 48 class's graduating from Carthage High School from 1960--2007 there are only 12 class's left without a representative!!! I think that's amazing! Here are the remaining class's without reps
remaining openings:

61--63

90--91--92--93--94----99

03--06--07

--if you know someone from one of these class's that might be interested in being a rep--just have them email me or give me a call!

All I need for you fine folks to do is get the word out to your classmates! If you've got a huge email group--just forward it to them, if you have someone in your class that stays in touch with a lot of classmates-let them know about this, put it on your facebook, twitter, send a postcard to your Christmas card list. All I am asking you to do is let your classmates know about this very exciting project going on in their hometown! Make sure that everyone knows they can view updated information by going to www.carthage-il.com and click on forums--schools--Carl Sandburg College--Auditorium campaign.
Thanks for all your help!
rob
Here is the latest update and the "Class of" information:

CALLING ALL CLASS'S
If you graduated from Carthage College or Carthage High School between the years of :
1950--1964 for Carthage College
1960 to 2007 for Carthage High School
--please take notice
In the seats for life campaign each class from the above mentioned years have a "class of" seat in the new Charger Center. I am looking for  class members from each of these years to donate to the "seats for life" campaign and their individual class. If you are interested donating to your class year, any $ amount is wonderful.  We are hoping that over the next year each class seat will be well represented by their graduates! Your tax deductable contribution to the CSC foundation "seats for life" campaign can be mailed to Carson Ford Inc. c/o Rob Carson POB 9 Carthage Illinois 62321. Just be sure to make your check out to the CSC foundation and be sure to memo your class year on the check.

TOGETHER--WE BUILD
CHARGER COMMUNITY CENTER AUDITORIUM CAMPAIGN
CAMPAIGN OVERVIEW
The former Carthage college campus in Carthage Illinois has sat dormant for the past 17 years. One of the most prominent buildings on the former Carthage College Campus was the Bryan Auditorium, a 700 seat facility that has served the college and the community since it was built in the early 50's. We propose to revitalize the building and again have it serve as the center of the community for education, the arts, and public gatherings. Renovation costs for the auditorium are estimated at $2.9 million. Funding sources would include $2.3 million from Carl Sandburg College bond proceeds and interest income: $250,000 from capital fund expenditures from the FY010 CSC budget: and $400,000 from the Auditorium Capital Campaign.

The community portion of the capital campaign is a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to not only give to this very worthwhile project, but to also recieve "seats for life" in the NEW auditorium. For a totally tax deductable contribution of $500 a "seats for life" patron recieves two specific seats in the audtiorium "for life". Here is how it works:
who: "seat for life" patrons are  individuals looking to honor loved ones and support the auditorium project by purchasing 2 seats
what: "seats for life" ---there are approximately 225 pairs of seats eligible for the "seats for life" campaign--when a patron purchases the rights to two of the seats for $500 they receive the following
1) two specific seats in the auditorium in their name
2) plaques on the seats honoring a loved one or institution
3) "seats for life"--the patron will be given the opportunity to purchase their specific seat tickets prior to being offered to the general public for any public performance issuing individual seat tickets in the auditorium. For any performance that issues seat specific tickets, the patron will be given sufficient time to order their seats before the tickets go on sale to the general public. Once the tickets are made available to the general public, the patrons seats are available for anyone to purchase.The "seats for life" are available for the patron to enjoy--for life. Provisions are being made for the patrons to be able to transfer their "seats for life" to their heirs upon their death.
CALLING ALL CLASS'S
If you graduated from Carthage College or Carthage High School between the years of 1950--1964 for Carthage College or 1960 to 2007 for Carthage High School--please take notice
In the seats for life campaign each class from the above mentioned years have a "class of" seat in the new Charger Center. I am looking for  class members from each of these years to donate to the "seats for life" campaign and their individual class. If you are interested donating to your class year, any $ amount is wonderful.  We are hoping that over the next year each class seat will be well represented by their graduates! Your tax deductable contribution to the CSC foundation "seats for life" campaign can be mailed to Carson Ford Inc. c/o Rob Carson POB 9 Carthage Illinois 62321. Just be sure to make your check out to the CSC foundation and be sure to memo your class year on the check.
when: The "seats for life" campaign kicks off December 15th and will run until the seats are sold. Up to 18 civic organizations and business's are sponsoring individual rows in the auditorium. These 18 sponsors will be responsible for selling the pairs and triplets of seats in their row to "seat for life" patrons. The seats will be offered on a first come/first serve basis so-- although there really is not a bad seat in the house, the earlier the patron's commit to a seat the better selection they will have.
Where: The auditorium is located on the old Carthage College Campus in Carthage Illinois. Carl Sandburg College has taken ownership of the facility and is championing the renovation. All checks and cash donations will be made to the Carl Sandburg foundation a 501c3 not for profit organization, so your donations are 100% tax deductable. Patrons will be able to purchase their seats through one of the sponsoring organizations, at Carson Ford or eventually  online at www.carthage-il.com through the auditorium's future ticketing vendor.
Why: The "seats for life" campaign not only offers a lifetime of benefits to the purchasers, but also fulfills a great need in the community by supporting the rejuvination of the auditorium and the college campus. Once again the Charger Center Audiorium will be the focal point for all aspects of community activity going forward for years to come. TOGETHER--WE BUILD!

If you or your organization is interested in being a row sponsor or an indivdual seat purchaser---please send me an email or give me a call on my cell phone so we can discuss further. Although the actual kickoff of the campaign is not until December 15th, we are signing up row sponsors as we speak. If I haven't heard from you soon---you will probably hear from me!
thankyou for your investment in our mutual future in Carthage
Rob Carson
Charger Center Auditorium
Capital Campaign Chair
1-217-357-1599
carsnfrd@adams.net
This email and all other Charger Community Center Auditorium Campaign News releases are available for few at www.carthage-il.com 
under the forums tab SCHOOLS- Carl Sandburg College
Please forward this to all of your classmates and anyone interested in the
importuser

By importuser at 2/1/2010 10:00 AM

letter from Lila (Brooks) Fritz to her classmates!
Thanks Lila!
Hi Everybody,

I am forwarding Rob Carsons note about a Class of 73 seat in the newly remodeled Charger auditorium and want to address some of your concerns and questions. Yes, you guessed it right that the auditorium is the old Carthage College/Robert Morris campus auditorium that some of you performed in during high school plays. I remember watching several shows there so we are all addressing our ages. Over the years, especially after the Koreans bought the campus, the college basically tragically deteriorated and the beautiful buildings loaded with asbestos became flooded and filled with wild animals and birds as vandals broke out the windows. Fortunately, the Koreans were pressured to sell the campus and a group of local vets bought the entire complex and has done amazing things to the campus. Many of the overgrown trees and buildings that were too far gone have been demoed (many had way too much asbestos and the cost of repair was prohibitive.) The campus is much more open and the main buildings that the vets plan to use in their business have had extensive work done. The auditorium was donated to the Carl Sandburg College, our local college that is financed with local dollars. Carl Sandburg has very big plans to remodel the auditorium and eventually have what they are calling the Charger Center. The facility basically had to be gutted with all new wiring, plumbing, new seats, etc. The facility is to open late spring or early summer. Eventually, next to the auditorium will be a huge sports complex to allow college basketball games and an unbelievable fitness center (unfortunately no plans for an ingrown pool.)  They are expecting the area schools to use the facility for middle school and high school events such as tournaments, plays, etc. for a leasing fee. This should be a really nice addition to rural America.

Rob Carson has been very involved with getting this off the ground. He and his family had started the auditorium revival movement for several Christmas Wish programs that were fabulous with all donated local talent. During these performances the public had to use outdoor porta potties and dress very warmly along with big heaters provided by local companies. The shows were usually sold out with a special matinee for the youth of the community. The money raised went to several local charities with one being for a fitness walking trail to be around the Carthage Lake-more information on that project at a later note.

For the deal on the seats-Rob is asking each class to have their own seat and be supportive in years to come of the reunion parties. I think if we can have 10 of us donate between $25-50 that would be sufficient to claim a spot for the Class of 73. In July, Rob will be testing the plan for all classes that graduated in 00 or 05. There will be a show for those graduating classes by a local talented singer/comedian, Andy Avery, on Friday night and then a pig roast on Saturday at Lake Linda with live dinner music followed by all meeting for the street dance on the square with a Rock band to party until midnight. Then, of course, everyone finishes the night out at the infamous Wood.  For those that would like to hear live music from each decade that are not in those classes (like our class) they are planning a show on Thurs. night. Sunday a golf outing is planned. This could be a very easy way for our classes to have reunions without any one person doing lots of work. Rob also has ideas to bus in people over the summer and provide dining and entertainment in the auditorium for 16 weeks of every summer. Eventually, lodging might be available on campus also. Of course, the Mormons will have the jail tour and local shopping if all goes as planned.

My family and I are buying some of our own seats (mine is in memory of Robby) and that will allow us to have first dibs at the seat for a performance even though we will still have to pay the ticket price. I think this is an awesome thing for our community. I will be glad to be in charge of collecting money and your tax deductible gift can be sent to: 2425 ECR 1800 N; Carthage, Il. 62321. Let me know if you have any more ?

Have a great weekend,  Lila

GlennKak

Email: Email

By GlennKak at 8/18/2017 9:06 AM

wild west games online free play
WildGrees
wild west online
new wild west games
Chaill

Email: Email

By Chaill at 8/22/2017 10:01 AM