Share |

Carthage Web Site Renovation (www.carthage-il.com)

importuser

Carthage Web Site Renovation (www.carthage-il.com)

By importuser at 8/17/2007 11:53 AM

Posted by:j_murphy
It's time for Carthage's web site to undergo a renovation!  I am volunteering myself (and Matt, he just doesn't know it yet) to get started on this huge project.  I have already been given ideas to make the web page a little wider to fit more information on a visitor's computer screen, as well as using more legible text.  Those ideas have been noted.  There is a lot of information as well that needs updating, such as the school page (I will get this updated before we release a new web page, as this project will take a lot of time and energy).

Another idea that has been discussed is an online mall.  This will take much discussion, and possibly a committee, but I will talk with Matt and see what we need to do to get this project started.

I appreciate all of your ideas.  Please post any and all ideas on this forum and I will keep track of them.  As a group, we will get Carthage a great looking web site that works great for businesses, local residents, and potential customers.  Keep the ideas coming!  We want this web site to be a representation of Carthage, so we need your input.

Thanks!
Jared Murphy
importuser

Re: Carthage Web Site Renovation (www.carthage-il.com)

By importuser at 8/17/2007 12:30 PM

Posted by:carsnfrd
Jared,
Thankyou so much for your committment to this project!!!! As internet technology becomes more mainstream, a communities HOMEPAGE is that 1st impression that we all try so hard to make good with. Anything I can do to be of help, please do not hesitate to let me know.
thanks again!
RC
p.s.---see ya tuesday--we will be talking about the online mall!
importuser

By importuser at 8/23/2007 9:18 AM

Posted by:j_murphy
So far the only recommendations I have received are from Brenda Pyatt.  She had great suggestions, but I want to get more opinions!  Please let me and Matt know what you want to see on the revamped Carthage web site.  If you have time, take a look at www.carthage-il.com, and let us know things you like as well as things you might want changed.  We're going to make sure this web site is a good representation of Carthage as a whole.  Please give your recommendations on this forum!

Thanks-
Jared Murphy
importuser

By importuser at 8/25/2007 8:34 AM

Posted by:carsnfrd
Hi Jared!
I know how frustrating it is to not get response! Here are my few beginning thoughts.
make it user friendly--access to load information should be as seamless as possible. I know you need security but the easier it is to load info the more info you will get from users.

The homepage should change with W.I.N. What's Important Now---Maybe what's on the calendar for the week? Automated changes would be best as no volunteer is going to want to change the homepage daily but it really needs a different message very often. Weather radar/calendar/current events/forum posts will keep people coming back to the site daily as long as it's easy!

I'll try to post more later
Thanks for this great project
RC