Carthage Stakeholder's Summitt Aug.16

importuser

Carthage Stakeholder's Summitt Aug.16

By importuser at 7/31/2007 11:01 AM

Posted by:journalpilot
July 31, 2007
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Carthage Stakeholder's Summit Set for Aug. 16

The Carthage Area Chamber of Commerce will hold a community Stakeholders' Summitt begining at 6:30 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 16 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Carthage. 

This Summitt is a colaboration  of the Chamber's membership services committee and the Mediacall Group of Macomb. The Mediacall Group facilitated initial strategizing meetings in the fall of 2005, sponsored by a grant from the Highway 336 impact study. At that time, Carthage embarked on several recommended strategies, including a "Shop Locally" media campaign, store signs encouraging and thanking local patrons and numerous volunteer-organized community events.

"It is now time to re-convene and evaluate the activities of the past 18 months, setting the stage and planning for the coming months. The (chamber) retail committee has become re-energized, a community map has been widely distributed, and other community economic developments (proposed new hospital site, sale of former college campus, highway construction) have created a 'buzz' and excitement in the community," said Kay Norton, president of the Mediacall Group.

There was exceptional participation from chamber members, area business owners, and community leaders at the 2005 Summitt.

"A lot of projects are in the works like the hiking and biking path, A Christmas Wish concert, mapping of the downtown area and more," said Carla Mudd, president of the Membership Services committee. "Though there is a lot of volunteer spirit behind all of these projects, it's time to re-focus and expand our public relations effort as our community grows."

A continental breakfast will be provided. RSVP is appreciated by calling Mudd at 217-357-3141 or via e-mail at cmudd@adams.net

-30-
importuser

Re: Carthage Stakeholder's Summitt Aug.16

By importuser at 8/6/2007 4:21 PM

Posted by:MattDickinson
I'm sorry I won't be able to attend, as I'm out of town most of that week (arranged months ago).  I'll miss it, as the last set of meetings 2-3 years ago was a very valuable source of ideas and tasks that we need to do as a community to get more growth, more business, and more population.  I know this summit will again produce great ideas for us to move forward.

I would highly recommend ANY business owner in Carthage to attend, but none stand to gain as much as the local retailers.  PLEASE, if you are in any kind of retail business, make sure a key person from your company is there for this summit. It's vitally important that we have buy-in from YOU, the ones who stand to gain the most from what we do.

Soapbox off.  Thanks!