Share |

Carthage Chamber of Commerce Retail Committee

importuser

Carthage Chamber of Commerce Retail Committee

By importuser at 10/25/2007 9:11 AM

Posted by:carsnfrd
W.I.N.--
THE COLDER WEATHER TODAY--MAKES ME THINK IT'S TIME FOR CHRISTMAS! HERE'S THE LATEST AND GREATEST!

CW (A Christmas Wish) will be on Friday and Saturday only. ( I have talent conflicts on Thursday). There will be over 1000 in Carthage on Friday night for the boys basketball game against QND and the CW! And on Saturday we will have another 1000 folks coming to see the CW-(500 for the matinae and another 500 for the finale!What is your business going to offer to these fans and patrons! 

HH (Home for the Holiday's) is scheduled for Dec 13,14,15 only at this time--(talent constraints and we want to make sure it's full) more dates may be added later. The chamber office is taking reservation for business's and groups--what are you doing for your valued employee's this holiday season--MAKE YOUR RESERVATION TODAY

JJ (Java Jam) The Northside Java/Centerstage is sponsoring an open Microphone stage during the 12 days. 1/2 hour per performance--that's six a night--any and all kinds of talent are welcome--not just Christmas Music--call Jerilyn at the Flower shop and book your 30 minutes of fame. Music and Christmas go hand in hand. If you know of any talented individuals, church groups, school ensembles, bands etc...etc... please have them call Jerilyn so she can schedule them in. It serves two purposes--it provides entertainment for the Christmas shoppers and it brings more Mom's Dad's friends and neighbors to town to watch the talent perform. Jerilyn's # is 217-357-3648

MM (Minny Mall) Sue Boyer is setting up a Minny Mall for retailers and displayers in the former Farm Bureau Building--bakers--candy--pampered chef--jewelry--crafts--etc...etc....give Sue a call at Simply irressistable and reserve your booth! This is a great opportunity for local business's off the square to highlight their business offerings---it also can bring some new potential business to town to get a feel for what we are doing here! Antque dealers, candy makers, bakers, candle makers, dadant's, Weber meats, fudge, Crafts, massage therapist, fitness training, the more the better! She is getting inquiry's right now! Sue's # is 357-3999

WW (Winter Wonderland)--the Chamber calling log are working to secure 16 sponsors to decorate the inside of the square. If you want to showcase your business give me a call and I'll steer you to the calling log member that will help you along Rob---357--3154--this is the one project that ties the entire 12 days of Christmas together! When people come to Carthage for the COH, CW, HftH, RHL, CCC they will also see a WW of the lights, sounds, smells and smiles of Christmas---If we do this right it will make a lasting impression that will go home with the shopper and she WILL tell others about it---good or bad---let's make sure it's good!
this project is one where everyone in Carthage can be involved. Give me a call and I'll steer you in the right direction Rob Carson 357-3154

BBT-(Big Boys Toys) The 4way stop is going to display all the rides the big boys want--4 wheelers-boats-trucks-hot cars-trailers-riding mowers-all under a 30ft. tree. call Roger at Carson Ford if you've got a big boy toy! 357-3154

12D (Twelve Days of Christmas)--Here is a rough list of the business's that will be open for our 1st annual 12 Days of Christmas! Carson Ford--Ben Franklin--Twaddle Furniture--Simply Irresistable--Country Pastimes--Northside Java--The Plumbtree Supper Club--Dairy Queen--Robert L. Webb CPA--The Wood Inn--The big boys toys (carson ford-carl motors-knorr/walker--martin/sullivan--koehler--bergman farm supply--great lakes--Merrits...etc at the 4way)-- Hancock County Farm Bureau--Memorial Hospital--If you are not on this list--Please let me know that you are going to be open and what your hook is going to be to bring your customers to Carthage during the 12 days of Christmas!

RHL-(Red Hat Ladies) On Saturday Dec 8th the Red Hat Ladies are going to be shopping before and after the CW concert--were hoping to have up to 100 RHL's so be ready!

CCC-(Carthage Christmas Cash) DEADLINE FOR THE DISCOUNT IS OCTOBER 31ST!! DON'T MISS OUT! Participate in the Carthage Christmas Cash Promotion The Carthage Chamber has allocated $10000 in CCC at a 10% discount to be offered to the chamber members to use as Christmas gifts/bonus/incentives during the 12 days.i.e.- your company can buy $500 of CCC for $450 and gift it to your employee's/customers/suppliers---then if all the business's offer 12 days special CCC promotions your and your neighbors employee's/customers/suppliers will spend CCC in your place of business! Get $500 for $450---give to your employees/customers/suppliers and get the money back into your cash register--does this make sense?
ideas to make your $'s go farther: gift as a gift to your employees--saves tax! make sure you have a unique and easily advertisable offer to attract those $5 CCC bills back to YOUR business! CCC will be available to 12d participants 1st and then to all chamber members on a first come first served basis. more details after our next chamber meeting!

PLEASE POST OR EMAIL ME WHAT YOUR BUSINESS IS PLANNING FOR THIS CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON! THE MORE THINGS WE OFFER THE MORE ACTIVITY WE WILL CREATE WHICH WILL BRING MORE SHOPPERS TO TOWN. I AM PUTTING TOGETHER THE ADVERTISING PLAN IN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS SO LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

wow I had a lot to talk about! What are you going to do to make your business stand out this Christmas! Need ideas--give me a call! My advice is always cheap!
Merry Christmas!
Rob
importuser

Re: Carthage Chamber of Commerce Retail Committee

By importuser at 10/26/2007 8:53 AM

Wear Drug will offer 10% off of a Personalized Mini-Football before the
football game on October 27th.  Fans can bring in their favorite picture and
have it printed on a mini football before the game.  Offer will end at
2:00pm Saturday, October 27.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR THE PLAYOFF GAME SATURDAY!! I CAN SEND OUT AN EMAIL TODAY SO PEOPLE CAN PLAN FOR TOMORROW
RC
importuser

By importuser at 10/29/2007 12:54 PM

MONDAY OCTOBER 29TH 2007

HI guys!
Hi hope you have put in your order for CCC. This is a great deal!
10% off
makes for a great bonus for your employee's ( no taxes, social security, fica, etc....)
this program was designed for you--it brings customers back into your store!!! Have you placed your order yet?
RC

Here is the rules for CCC please read, fill out your order card and return it to the chamber office ASAP. We would like to have all the CCC in the business's hands by November 15th!
Dawn from the Chamber is going to do a special mailing to all members the first of next week.
Merry Christmas!
RC
OCTOBER 20TH 2007

Carthage Christmas Cash procedures--

Who: Members of the Carthage Chamber of Commerce only

What: CCC-(Carthage Christmas Cash) Participate in the Carthage Christmas Cash Promotion The Carthage Chamber has allocated $10000 in CCC at a 10% discount to be offered to the chamber members to use as Christmas gifts/bonus/incentives during the 12 days. (suggestion--order enough to give each of your employee's $50 of CCC this Christmas)
!

When: Chamber members can request their allocation of CCC immediately. All members will be given the opportunity to buy as much CCC as necessary to fill their holiday bonus needs. However, only $10000 will be offered at the 10% discount.
All members must have their order in by Oct 31st to recieve the 10% discount. If the orders from the Chamber members runs over the $10000 limit each member will recieve a prorated portion of the discounted CCC. i.e.--if the chamber members ordered $15000 worth of CCC and your business ordered $1000---you would recieve 66% of what you orderd or $670 of CCC @ $603. You would then buy the remaining $330 of CCC at $330. Your total cost for the CCC would be $933 for $1000 of CCC! This will only be a concern if over $10000 is ordered by chamber members.

Where: Please fill out and return the enclosed order form to the Chamber offfice no later than October 31st. After all the orders have been processed and orders filled you will be notified that you can come and pay for and pickup your order. This will be done as soon as possible after all the orders are in so that you can have the CCC to distribute as you see fit.

Why:your company can buy $500 of CCC for $450 and gift it to your employee's/customers/suppliers---then if all the business's offer 12 days special CCC promotions your and your neighbors employee's/customers/suppliers will spend CCC in your place of business! Get $500 for $450---give to your employees/customers/suppliers and get the money back into your cash register--ideas to make your $'s go farther:
gift as a gift to your employees--saves tax!
make sure you have a unique and easily advertisable offer to attract those $5 CCC bills back to YOUR business

CCC ORDER FORM
DOLLAR AMOUNT OF CCC REQUESTED $_____________
BUSINESS NAME___________________
BUSINESS AUTHORIZED SIG.____________________
MUST BE RETURNED TO THE CARTHAGE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE BY CLOSE OF BUSINESS OCTOBER 31ST TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE 10% CCC DISCOUNT
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
importuser

By importuser at 11/5/2007 2:49 PM

NOVEMBER 5TH 2007
Hello to All!

I have been getting a lot of inquiries about "A Christmas Wish" so I thought I would send out a press release. The show is essentially the same performance as last year with a couple of nice surprises. This will be the last year this production will be done!!!! Don't miss a chance to be part of this wonderful community project.

Merry Christmas!

rob
who: talented local musicians and singers performing the music of the
Trans-siberian Orchestra---
There is a rock band--Carl Meyers--drums, Carl Thomas--bass,Todd
Boyer--guitar, Slink Rand--guitar, Bill Gelhaar--keyboards, Janet
Carlisle--kyeboards
A men's choir-- directed by Ann Dever---the men's choir practices
every Wednesday evening at 8pm at the Presbyterian Church in
Carthage--all area men are invited to participate in this group--just come to a practice
A children's choir--directed by Chenille Saunders----the children's choir will practice every Tuesday night at 7pm at
Center Stage Music on the north side of the Carthage Square--
many talented singers and actors--
What: "A Christmas Wish"-- A Christmas Concert featuring the music of the
Trans-Siberian orchestra performed by very talented local musicians, singers
and actors. For 2 hours the audience will witness the magic of Christmas
come alive in an abandoned old theatre as a father's prayer is answered and
a daughter's Chritsmas wish is fulfilled!
When: Dec 7th at 7:30pm, Dec. 8th at 2:30 and 7:30pm--Tickets go on sale November 15th-$12 per ticket--available at Carson Ford, Simply Irresistable, Marine Trust, First Community Bank, 1st State Bank, Carthage Area Chamber of Commerce
Where: The performances will take place at the former Carthage College
Auditorium  in Carthage Ill. The stage is set in a magical abandoned Theatre--so dress warmly and bring your whole family to hold you tight and
keep you warm.
Why: To bring a Holiday treat to the people of Carthage, to showcase the
tremendous talent we have here in the area, and to raise the awarness level
of what the Carthage College Campus has to offer our community. There is no
one single organization sponsoring this event--it is a community wide effort
coming together to produce this show! This will hopefully become an annual
Christmas tradition in Carthage for years to come.This year all proceeds
after expenses will go to various community projects in the Carthage Area.

Anyone interested in being a part of this worthwhile project can contact Rob Carson
at Carson Ford 357-3154 ext 6 or email me at carsnfrd@adams.net. The 1st
community cleanup day is scheduled for this coming Saturday November 10th
starting at 1:00pm and running til ?---all are invited--many hands make for
less work
bring: shopVacs/brooms/leaf blowers/scoop shovels/mops/step ladders/--you name it we can probably use it to clean--
It is my hope that a community wide effort of all sorts of organizations
can come together to work on the facility. If we spread the work and have
the proper tools for everyone, it should go pretty easily. Here is a
starting list of what needs to be done.

STAGE

1) The stage area needs to be freed of all trash, furniture, etc...etc. and
placed in dumpster-anything salvagable stored in adjacent classrooms. Three small office and storage areas on the stage are to be removed and the contents stored in the adjacent class rooms

2) the stage area needs swept and mopped after the storage rooms are removed.

3) All stage lighting must be tested for usability and safety--wired as such--outlets checked for outsided lighting

4) Heating unit installed for stage area--enough heat for stage front (with
curtain closed) and stage rear (converted to back office)--BEING WORKED OUT

5) enough eletrical floor recepticals to handle all the sound and light
equipment--DONE

6) check all dimensions so that there is enough room for drum riser,
keyboard riser, choir risers (using high schools), very large christmas
tree, streetlight with beer sign prop, theatre seat for lost girl---start building stage and backdrop lighting --Matt's snowflakes-mini light waterfall in the back

SEATING AREA

1) Remove all loose debris, trash, dirt,etc.etc. from seating area and place
in dumpster--available out front of the building

2) check all seats for safety,  vacuum--mark any unusable seats
with hazard tape

3) Sweep, Mop, or vacuum all floor space to remove any dust or dirt
particles from the public area

4) Install temporary lighting for all walkways being used in the
auditorium--make sure all exits are clealy marked and clear of obstacles

5) Clean all windows, blinds and ledges

ENTRANCE

1) Remove all loose debris, trash, dirt, etc.  from entrance area and place
in dumpster

2) Sweep, mop, or vacuum all floor space to remove any dust or dirt
particles from the public area

3) Make sure balcony are is cleaned and accessable for overage of ticket sales

4) Install temporary lighting for entrance for walkways, concessions, and
Christmas decorations

OUTSIDE AND PARKING LOT

1) The perimeter of the building, the parking lot, and the entire property
of the auditorium needs to be freed of debris, pruned, weeds removed and
swept--

2) Windows for the auditorium need washed both on the west side and in the
entrance

3) Temporary power ran to the bell tower for entrance lighting and signage---

4) Provisions made for snow removal as necessary for practice and
performance dates

5) Need to get permission to have valet parking available from the south
lane on the highway 1 hr prior to and 1hr after the performances.

6) Check with the fire department for the availablility of a truck with
spotlights in the air for affect prior to each nightly performance.

As I mentioned, this is just a starting list, but I do feel it is pretty
comprehensive. If 4 or 5 different groups could adopt one area each, it
could go swimingly!

Merry Christmas!
Rob Carson
producer/director
"A Christmas Wish"
importuser

By importuser at 11/10/2007 9:52 AM

NOVEMBER 10TH 2007

H to all!
I know I haven't posted much lately--a little to busy I guess!
I am so excited about the holiday season that will soon be upon us!
The retail warriors of Carthage are armed and ready to make this the most successful retail holiday shopping season ever in Carthage!
I am not going to bore you with the whole W's thing but I am going to hit the high points
Nov. 29th Christmas Open HOuse--Winter Wonderland (it's going to be so cool!)--JAVA JAM (cast of The Christmas Wish and Home for the Holidays)--Big boys Toys--Christmas MIni Mall in the  Farm bureau
Nov 30th--WW--JJam featuring Macnamara's BAnd in the Courthouse--BBT's--MMall
Dec 1st--WW--JJam (to be announced)--MMall--BBtoys

Dec 6th--WW--JJam(Home for the Holidays Cast with special guests)--BBT's__MMall
Dec 7th--"A Christmas Wish"--"Dinner and a Show" Plumbtree Supper Clup--WWonders--JJam(TBD)--Boys BB home against QND THERE WILL BE OVER 1000 PEOPLE IN CARTHAGE THIS EVENING!!!!!!
Dec 8th--"A Christmas Wish" Matinae and Grand Finale--Boys BB home game--WWonderland--JJam(TBD)--MINNY Mall--Red Hat ladies "lunch and a show"/"Dinner and a Show" Plumtree Supper Club--THERE WILL BE OVER 1500 PEOPLE IN CARTHAGE BETWEEN 4PM AND 7PM THIS SATURDAY!!!!!

Dec 13th--"Home for the Holiday's" service clubs dinner/Musical--Winter Wonderland--JJam("An evening with Andy" Andy Avery sings Christmas as only Andy can)--Minny Mall--
Dec 14th--"Home for the Holiday's" dinner/Musical--Winter Wonderland--JJam (TBD)--MinnyMall--Big Boys Toys
Dec 15th--"Home for the Holiday's" dinner/Musical--Winter Wonderland--JJam (TBD)--Minny Mall--Big Boys Toys

Dec 20th--Big event TBD---Winter Wonderland--JJam (TBD)--MinnyMall--Big Boys Toys
Dec 21st--Big event TBD--Winter Wonderland--JJam (TBD)--Minny Mall--Big boys Toys
Dec 22nd--Big event TBD--Winter Wonderland--JJam (TBD)--Minny Mall--Big boys Toys

Dec 25th----MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

As you can see we have a lot going on in Carthage this holiday season. It is not too late to be a part of this historical holiday event!!! Here's How!!
1)Stay at home and enjoy! No reason to leave town to shop or for entertainment
2)Keep your business open during these "hi" traffic hours--tell your customers hi :)
3)show off your talents--be a part of the JJam either individually or as an organization
4)volunteer for an hour or so--hang lights--clean auditoriums--collect for the needy--fellowship is what this really is all about
5)Invite your out- of- town friends to one of above mentioned events and let them see just how unique and wonderful Christmas in Carthage can be!!
Merry Christmas!
Rob
importuser

By importuser at 11/14/2007 5:26 PM

WENDESDAY NOVEMBER 14TH

"CHRISTMAS WISH" AND "HOME FOR THE HOLIDAY'S"
TICKETS GO ON SALE TOMORROW AT NOON!!!
WE ARE EXPECTING THE TICKETS TO GO VERY FAST FOR BOTH PRODUCTIONS!
CHRISTMAS WISH $12 PER TICKET AVAILABLE AT:
CARSON FORD
CARTHAGE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
MARINE TRUST COMPANY
1ST COMMUNITY BANK
1ST STATE BANK OF WESTERN ILLINOIS
1ST BANKERS TRUST
SIMPLY IRRESISTABLE

HOME FOR THE HOLIDAY'S  DINNER/THEATRE $25 PER TICKET AVAILABLE AT:
CARTHAGE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE

I WILL POST MORE TOMORROW!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
ROB
importuser

By importuser at 11/16/2007 2:06 PM

November 16th 2008

Hi to all!

I just had one of those feel good mornings! At 9am this morning Lori and I were blessed to have over 60 ready and willing 8th graders help us hang Christmas lights around the sidewalks on the Carthage square. In less than 2 hours these young people place more than 400 hanging rods and over 4000 ft. of miniature white lights.
These kids were great!
Many thanks to the teachers and their 60 wonderful students
for their help!
Michelle Bavery
Lyle Klein
M J Palmer
Linda Jacobs
I would also like to thank Tyrone Jacoby for the getting the lights and trees. Lawrence and Rick Cokel for setting me up with the hanging rods, my wife Lori for working her tail off. Now if it will all just light up!
Merry Christmas!
Rob

Hopefully your plans are in place to make your business a part of the winter wonderland around the Carthage business district. Come on and decorate!
It's fun!

importuser

By importuser at 11/19/2007 4:00 PM

At the risk of dating myself---You all remember the hokie old TV show HEE HAW when the cast would all pop up out of a cornfield and Yell....
HOGKNUCKLE ARKANSAS POPULATION 230
SAAAAAALUTE!
It was their way of recognizing small town America as a great place to live work and play
So........... I'm dedicating this kickoff to the holiday season Carson Ford Times to:
Small town America and specifically my hometown of
CARTHAGE ILLINOIS POPULATION 2800
SAAAALUTE!!
Rural America has taken it on the chin the last 20 years or so--population loss--business closings--school downsizing--infrastructure deteriation and Carthage has suffered right along with all the other small towns that make America great.
Carthage had a college campus that had been closed for over 15 years growing up in weeds--our courthouse square (one of the most beautiful courthouses in the country in my humble opinion) was dotted with empty storefronts--our school system was faced with a consolidation issue and our population had been going the wrong way for many years.
Things looked pretty bleak in Carthage Illinois.........
until a small group of citizens said enough is enough!!
This is our community and it is up to us to make it what we want it to be!
strategic vision meetings were held--working groups were formed and plans for our mutual future were dreamed about
Less than 2 years later......
our future here in Carthage Illinois is so bright I've got to where shades!
our school district has went through a very successfull convergence
our empty campus has been sold to a local group of  investors with great vision for the future
a 4 lane highway is nearing completion on the edge of town
(a year ago everyone thought of it as the road out of town--now it's the road to Carthage)
and our business district around our historic downtown square is showing signs of renaissance
ALL BECAUSE A COMMUNITY CAME TOGETHER AND SAID
IF IT IS MEANT TO BE IT IS UP TO WE
( I know that's bad grammar--but it ryhmes)
So as this holiday season rapidly approaches I would like to invite you to my hometown so that you can experience all the sights, smells, tastes and sounds of a real smalltown America Christmas!
The good folks of Carthage have worked very hard to make this a very special holiday season
Please plan to come and visit and make it all the more special!
I am including a list of holiday events in Carthage pick one out and come enjoy!
I am proud to be your smalltown Ford dealer in
CARTHAGE ILLINOIS POPULATION 2800
SAAAAAALUTE!
As always....At Carson Ford we don't want to sell you just a car today we want to sell you transportation for a lifetime!
                                                    Happy Holiday's
                                                                                            Rob
importuser

By importuser at 11/21/2007 1:50 PM

November 21st 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

LET'S ALL TAKE A MOMENT AND THANK OUR LUCKY STARS THAT WE LIVE IN SUCH A WONDERFUL COMMUNITY! ENJOY YOUR FAMILY--FRIENDS--CUSTOMERS--AND YES EVEN YOUR IN-LAWS THIS THANKSGIVING
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
ROB
importuser

By importuser at 11/23/2007 8:54 AM

NOVEMBER 23RD 2007

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
It is now the official holiday shopping season!
It is not to late to be a part of "Christmas in Carthage"
Here is the most up to date calendar of events as I have:

Nov. 29th Christmas Open House--Winter Wonderland (it's going to be so cool!)--JAVA JAM (cast of The Christmas Wish and Home for the Holidays)--Big boys Toys--Christmas MIni Mall in the  Farm bureau
Nov 30th--WW--JJam featuring Macnamara's Band in the Courthouse--BBT's--MMall
Dec 1st--WW--JJam (to be announced)--MMall--BBtoys

Dec 6th--WW--JJam(Home for the Holidays Cast with special guests)--BBT's__MMall
Dec 7th--"A Christmas Wish"--"Dinner and a Show" Plumbtree Supper Club (sold out)--WWonders--JJam(TBD)--Boys BB home against QND THERE WILL BE OVER 1000 PEOPLE IN CARTHAGE THIS EVENING!!!!!!
Dec 8th--"A Christmas Wish" Matinae  and Grand Finale--Boys BB home game--WWonderland--JJam(TBD)--MINNY Mall--Red Hat ladies "lunch and a show"(over 60 RHL's have signed up/"Dinner and a Show" Plumtree Supper Club--THERE WILL BE OVER 1500 PEOPLE IN CARTHAGE BETWEEN 4PM AND 7PM THIS SATURDAY!!!!!

Dec 13th--"Home for the Holiday's" service clubs dinner/Musical (over 80 tickets sold to date) --Winter Wonderland--JJam("An evening with Andy" Andy Avery sings Christmas as only Andy can)--Minny Mall--
Dec 14th--"Home for the Holiday's" dinner/Musical(tickets are going fast)--Winter Wonderland--JJam (TBD)--MinnyMall--Big Boys Toys
Dec 15th--"Home for the Holiday's" dinner/Musical(good # of tickets still available)--Winter Wonderland--JJam (TBD)--Minny Mall--Big Boys Toys

Dec 20th--Big event TBD---Winter Wonderland--JJam (TBD)--MinnyMall--Big Boys Toys
Dec 21st--Big event TBD--Winter Wonderland--JJam (TBD)--Minny Mall--Big boys Toys
Dec 22nd--Big event TBD--Winter Wonderland--JJam (TBD)--Minny Mall--Big boys Toys

Dec 25th----MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

As you can see we have a lot going on in Carthage this holiday season. It is not too late to be a part of this historical holiday event!!! Here's How!!
1)Stay at home and enjoy! No reason to leave town to shop or for entertainment
2)Keep your business open during these "hi" traffic hours--tell your customers hi
3)show off your talents--be a part of the JJam either individually or as an organization
4)volunteer for an hour or so--hang lights--clean auditoriums--collect for the needy--fellowship is what this really is all about
5)Invite your out- of- town friends to one of above mentioned events and let them see just how unique and wonderful Christmas in Carthage can be!!
Merry Christmas!
Rob
importuser

By importuser at 11/27/2007 11:48 AM

tuesday November 27th
be sure and add this to your list!

Trinity Lutheran Church will be hosting a craft & bake sale during the Christmas Open House from 4-9 p.m. in the Welcome Center at Trinity, 709 Main Street.  Please stop by and see what's available.

Sue Boyer has over 10 vendors in her Santa's Stop Mini Mall during the Christmas open house and the 12 days!!!! way cool!
Merry Christmas!
Rob
importuser

By importuser at 11/30/2007 8:41 AM

NOVEMBER 30TH

Hi to all!

All I can say is WOW!!!!! Congratulations to the Christmas Open House Committee!
What a tremendous event!!! The square was packed with Christmas shoppers!!!!
That had to be one of the biggest turnouts ever. Again Congratulations to all!
Merry Christmas!
Rob
importuser

By importuser at 12/1/2007 12:14 PM

SATURDAY DECEMBER 1ST 2007

Hi to all!
Thankyou so much to MacNamara's band for coming to Carthage and playing last evening to a small but very apprecitative crowd! We had 20 or so members of the band and some of their family members come to Carthage and see just how cool our downtown is during the holiday season!

I must say I was slightly discouraged by the # of spectators and shoppers on the square last night, but after thursday's blowout---I don't feel so bad.

Due to the ice storm and the cancellation of many activities--day 3 of the 12 days is optional for business's to stay open. I will leave it up to you.

Be ready for next weekend though--thursday will probably be a little light--but Friday evening between 5 and 6 should be gang busters!!! the blueboys home opener against QND and the opening night of "A Christmas Wish" should bring a ton of people to town. Let me know what your offering special this weekend and I will try to market it for you! Saturday between 4 and 6 should also be wild as the boys have a 2pm home game and the Wish matinae will let out around 4 pm--with the final performance happening that evening. Again--let me know what specials or offerings you will have during these crucial couple of hours and we will help you market it.

Alright I need all of your help to pass this information along. I am concerned that we are losing some of our senior citizens that came to the Wish  last year and are not planning to go this year--due to (I have heard) a # of reasons---that I hope I can clear up:
[b]1-it's the same show--I saw it last year[/b]----Yes a lot of the show is the same as last year--but didn't our local talent do a wonderful job? I have a band of 7, a men's choir of 25, a children's choir of 24, and 5 soloist that have given hours of their free time to provide our community with some VERY high quality entertainment during the holiday season--don't they deserve 2 hours of your time and appreciation? Plus their are 2 new songs--a youth band--and some really cool new lights--you are going to love it!

[b]2--it was so loud![/b]!---it is louder than your normal Christmas Concert--but this isn't your normal christmas concert--- it is designed to appeal to audiences of all ages---we will make sure that the sound is at a very reasonable level so everyone can enjoy the show--I promise you it will be not much louder than a Christmas show in Branson MO would be and you won't have to drive 10 hours on a bus and pay $30 for a ticket--and you'll be supporting your friends and neighbors

[b]3--the auditorium was cold,the heaters were loud, and the fumes were bad[/b]yes--and yes on all counts. I hear you! We did the best we could with what we had last year--I am thrilled to say that the new owners are providing us with 500000 BTU LP furnaces that will provide us with better heat--quieter operations--and much fewer fumes---THE AUDITORIUM WILL BE WARMER--QUIETER--AND WITH WAY LESS FUMES

[b]4--I just came to see what the auditorium looked like after being empty so long---[/b]Just a thought--what would the auditorium look like today if "A Christmas Wish" [hadn't happened last year or wasn't happening again this year? Our community needs you to be a part of this---we need you to support volunteers efforts to make our community a better place to live--even if it's just buying a ticket and coming to a show--like the bum in the show says---"it's every gift that someone gives expecting nothing back it's every kindness that we do each simple little act."

I hope that this answers some of the reasons not to come and see "A Christmas Wish" again this year.  The bottom line is this--We all witnessed a community coming together at Christmas time last year to enjoy one another's company and talents and I believe we all want to feel that way again this holiday season! It just isn't the same if your not here to enjoy it with us! please plan to come to "A Christmas Wish 2007"
Merry Christmas!
Rob
importuser

By importuser at 12/10/2007 2:03 PM

DEC 10TH 2007
I would like send you all a heart felt thankyou for being a part of "A Christmas Wish". It makes me very proud to be part of a community that cares so much for each other. It was very emotional Saturday night to see the auditorium full of familiar faces enjoying our final performance! I hope that "The Wish" has ignited a fire in your heart that will keep burning for year's to come!
As the old bum said
It's every gift that someone gives---expecting nothing back---it's every kindness that we do ----each simple little act
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Rob

p.s.--"Home for the Holiday's" has been moved to the Marine Trust Company community room for all three performances Thursday (soldout) Friday and Saturday.

P.S.S.--Andy Avery and friends will be at the JavaJam on Thursday evening from 5 til 6:30. Come join Andy as he sings some of his holiday favorites and bring your voice or guitar and join in!

importuser

By importuser at 12/12/2007 10:09 AM

WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 12TH

Hi to All!

Don't forget that "Home for the Holiday's" is this Thurs, Fri, Saturday!!!!!
Here is the w's  once again!
HOME FOR THE HOLIDAY'S
DECEMBER 13TH,14TH AND 15TH
-The official dates for the dinnner/musical are:
Opening Night--Thursday--December 13th 7pm-9pm
                          Friday-----December 14th  7pm-9pm
Grand Finale-----Saturday-December  15th  7pm-9pm
Reservations for groups will be taken beginning Monday October 15th
$25 per ticket 100 per performance maximum
reservations are taken at 217-357-3024
Here are the w's:
Who: Talented local actors and singers--working as waitors and then performing
What: --"Home for the Holiday's --Journey back to the 1940s for a moving story of love and sacrifice. Lt. Edwin Berry is stationed overseas during World War II and has been chosen to celebrate Christmas with his wife and children for a special Christmas homecoming. He is later called upon by his commander for a special (and dangerous) mission to save lives, which only he can fulfill, making his homecoming impossible...possibly forever. Filled with upbeat, big band arrangements of carols and new songs, this USO staged musical brings the period fully to life.
When: December 13th, 14th and 15th during the 12 days of Christmas
Where: THE MARINE BANK COMMUNITY ROOM
Why: To bring the people of Carthage and local area business and organizations a venue to stay "Home for the Holiday's" to celebrate the holiday season. There is no reason to go out of town to celebrate! Keep it Home for the Holiday's and we all win!

ANDY AVERY AND FRIENDS ARE AT THE JAVAJAM THURSDAY EVENING FROM 5 TIL 6:30! ENJOY ANDY'S FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONGS, COME AND PERFORM YOUR FAVORITE SONGS AND THEN HEAD TO "HOME FOR THE HOLIDAY'S"!