Share |

Carthage Chamber of Commerce Retail Committee

importuser

Carthage Chamber of Commerce Retail Committee

By importuser at 9/18/2007 2:06 PM

Posted by:carsnfrd
THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS
BUSINESS PLEDGE CARD
_X_ WE WILL BE OPEN FROM 4PM-7PM ON THURS/FRI/SAT DURING THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS

_X_ WE WILL DECORATE OUR STOREFRONT TO INVITE CHRISTMAS SHOPPERS AND WILL OUTLINE ALL WINDOWS ON THE MAINFLOOR IN MINATURE WHITE LIGHTS

_X_ WE WILL OFFER A UNIQUE CHRISTMAS OFFER/SERVICE HIGHLIGHTING CARTHAGE CHRISTMAS CASH TO DRIVE CUSTOMERS TO OUR AND OUR NEIGHBORS BUSINESS

_X_WE WILL UTILIZE CARTHAGE CHRISTMAS CASH IN ANY TYPE OF CHRISTMAS BONUS/GIFT WE GIVE OUR EMPLOYEES/SUPPLIERS/CUSTOMERS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON

_X_ WE PLEDGE TO DO OUR BEST TO PROMOTE "THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS" NOT ONLY FOR OUR BUSINESS BUT FOR OUR NEIGHBORS AS WELL

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

BUSINESS _Center Stage Music_______________

SIGNED___Chenille Saunders_________________
importuser

Re: Carthage Chamber of Commerce Retail Committee

By importuser at 9/18/2007 2:20 PM

new addition to the go illini west offers

GOILLINIWEST.COM CURRENT OFFERS
ON ANY GAME DAY WEARING GOILLINIWEST.COM PIN:

CARSON FORD--HWY 136 CARTHAGE AND HAMILTON ---CARSONFORD.COM---1-800-728-3589---$7 MITT WASH AND CHAMOIS DRY CAR WASH JUST $5

COUNTRY PASTIMES--NORTHSIDE SQUARE CARTHAGE---Buy a bag of Aromatique Potpourri, get a matching votive FREE!

MARINE TRUST COMPANY--CARTHAGE--GET A 10 BASIS POINT INCREASE ON ANY CD PURCHASE

TOWNE HOUSE RESTAURANT EASTSIDE SQUARE-- CARTHAGE--357-3373  --Free drink* with the purchase of any food item. *Drink choices include soft drink, iced tea or coffee.

THE PLUM TREE SUPER CLUB AND LOUNGE--Eastside square--Carthage--357-3373-- $1.00 off our signature "Plum Tree Special" Sandwich Platter. Sorry, no substitutions.

FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH OF CARTHAGE will be glad to be a sponsor with the GoIlliniWestFanClub and provide a new bible as a gift.

HANCOCK JOURNAL PILOT--The Journal-Pilot will offer a subscription special for new subscribers in or out of the county. Since the district is #307, we will take $3.07 off the annual subscription cost, making the price $23.93/year. Again, this offer is good for any NEW subscriber

ROYALTY'S--CLOTHING STORE--WESTSIDE SQUARE CARTHAGE--357-2323---ONE WEEK ONLY SPECIAL --ILLINI WEST SS TEE-SHIRTS $8.99---ILLINI WEST SS POLO SHIRTS $12.99---ILLINI WEST SWEATSHIRTS $12.99

SIMPLY IRRESISTABLE--BEAUTY PARLOR AND SPA--NORTH MADISON CARTHAGE--357-3999--
10% OFF OF ANY RETAIL PRODUCT PURCHASED

SHERRICK DRUG & MEDICAL, 525 Main Street, Carthage will offer 15% off all "Leader Brand" items purchased when wearing the GoIlliniWest.com Fan Club button.  Offer expires 05/31/08.

KRBAVAC STUDIO-- 914 main st. Carthage--357-3591-- www.KrbavacStudio.com
During the Illini West 07-08 season set your appointment for a complimentary Illini West "show your colors" photo session. The session includes one child--small group of chidren--or family group. You will also recieve a special team discount on photo packages

THE WOOD INN--Northwest side Square--Carthage--357-3183---Catfish dinner special for $5.00 on ALL game nights, as long as the person is wearing the Illini West button or an official Illini West shirt.

LAMOINE RIVER LABRADORS--Intersection of Hwys. 94 & 136E, Carthage    (217) 357-2362
A.K.C. Registered Labrador Puppies Locally Owned and Family Raised.  $25.00 off any New Puppy Purchased  Owners, Tony & Kelly Freeman

CONN COMMUNICATIONS---Northside Square--Carthage--a free accessory for any new line activation with button.  Limit one per customer.

BEN FRANKLIN STORE--Northwest entrance Square Carthage--15% off any purchase game day wearing GOILLINIWEST pin

TWADDLE FURNITURE--Northwest outside Square Carthage-- 357-2212
$2.00 off Tech Stain Remover

CARTHAGE DAIRY QUEEN--4WAY STOP--Carthage--357-6632--2.00 off any Ice cream cake

FIRST COMMUNITY BANK--MAIN STREET--Carthage--357-2198-- Open a Checking Plus Account and first months fee will be waived.

THE FLOWER SHOP--Northside Square--Carthage--357-3648-- 2 FREE latex balloons with any order of $19.99 or greater

NORTHSIDE JAVA--Northside Square--Carthage--357-3648--16oz. espresso for the price of a 12oz.

HOMETOWN UNITED APPAREL--Northside Square--Carthage--357-3648--FREE stampede towel with any apparel order![/b]

[b]THE COURTYARD COFFEE &BISTRO-- "Come in anytime wearing your Illini West Fan Button and get a Smoothie for $2.00!  Good on any flavor, but we recommend you try our Orange Crush!  Go Chargers

MCHUGH DRUG STORE--Buy 1 sunmark product--get one at half price[/b]!
importuser

By importuser at 9/19/2007 12:45 PM

Hi to all!
Thanks to all that signed their 12 days of Christmas pledge card and have returned to me. I know there are a lot more of you that simply haven't seen it yet or still have some concerns as to whether this is "for real" and "worth the effort"...let me try to convey to you undecided one's as to why this project is so important to your business's well being.

"The 12 Days of Christmas"--WWW.GOILLINIWEST.COM--"CARTHAGE 4TH OF JULY CELEBRATION"--"LOOKING FOR LINCOLN"--MONDAY FARMER'S MARKET--BEAUTIFUL HISTORIC COURTHOUSE--OLD CARTHAGE JAIL-ETC...ETC...ETC all work to establish Carthage Illinois as a DESTINATION--not just an Exit  off of the new freeway.

There are some that believe that when the new freeway opens more people will leave town than come to town. This, I believe is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If we as a business community choose to prepare to send our hometown customers away by not being open when they are here, not asking them to "shop at home", not providing unique and united promotions to entertain and "keep them at home" THE NEW HIGHWAY WILL BE THE ROAD OUT OF TOWN.
However, if we work together to be open for business when it is the most convenient for our customers, educate them as to the benefits of shopping with us, and all work together to attract our customers to unique and entertaining events--THE NEW HIGHWAY WILL BE THE ROAD TO PROSPERITY FOR ALL.

Here is what I am asking you to do for the 12 days of Christmas---Is this asking too much?

No matter what business you are in---be open from 4-7pm on thurs/fri/sat from Nov 29th---through Dec 22nd  the busiest shopping times of the year--I am asking you to be open when your customers will be in town for musicals, ballgames, dinner theatres, christmas church performances, christmas parties and SHOPPING
I am asking for 12 days--36 hours-- am I asking too much?
ideas to make it easier:
open later in the morning on these days
close monday's or an afternoon
hire PT high school help from 4-7 to offset your FTE's
give additional time off in January when it's dead anyhow
be open saturday afternoon as opposed to sat morning

Decorate your business for Christmas--nothing is more inviting during the Christmas shopping season than a decked out for Christmas shopping mall! Really--how much effort will it take to decorate your storefront to WOW your customers with the Christmas spirit--and just think if your neighbor's storefront is WOW too! Can you see the snowball effect here? (no pun intended) At the minimum I am just asking for miniture white lights around the windows---too much to ask?
ideas to make it easier:
hire it done--high school organizations are always looking for fund raising ideas
do more at work and less at home--where do you spend most your time and many more people can admire your creativity

Participate in the Carthage Christmas Cash Promotion The Carthage Chamber has allocated $10000 in CCC at a 10% discount to be offered to the chamber members to use as Christmas gifts/bonus/incentives during the 12 days.
i.e.- your company can buy $500 of CCC for $450 and gift it to your employee's/customers/suppliers---then if all the business's offer 12 days special CCC promotions your and your neighbors employee's/customers/suppliers will spend CCC in your place of business! Get $500 for $450---give to your employees/customers/suppliers and get the money back into your cash register--does this make sense?
ideas to make your $'s go farther:
gift as a gift to your employees--saves tax!
make sure you have a unique and easily advertisable offer to attract those $5 CCC bills back to YOUR business!

Promote the 12 days of Christmas to the best of your ability-- Not much to say here--If I offer a unique Christmas auto promotion and you offer a unique Christmas widget promotion, and your neighbor offers a unique Christmas service and we all advertise together and individually we will get exponential "bang for the buck"--marketing 101---leverage your advertising--
ideas to make your advertising go farther:
partner with your neighbors  for group ad discounts
participate in the go illini west  fan club--(we will be doing specials for Christmas!)
keep your Christmas party/dinner for your business at home (there is going to be a fantastic "Home for the Holidays" dinner theatre just for this reason)
if we all stay in town and celebrate together--we all win!

so......are you with me here? Are you willing to invest 12 days--36 hours--some miniture lights--a little elbow grease--some CCC at a discount--and some advertising $'s at whatever your comfort level is to make the 12 days of Christmas a success?

If so.......
DOES THIS ALL MAKE SENSE? ARE YOU WILLING TO MAKE CARTHAGE A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE, WORK AND PLAY?
IF SO PLEASE  SELECT "REPLY TO ALL"---MARK THIS PLEDGE CARD---PUT YOUR NAME IN AND LET'S GO!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
HERE IS THE BUSINESS PLEDGE CARD FOR THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS--PLEASE JUST HIT REPLY TO ALL, X THE PROPER SPOTS, PUT YOUR BUSINESS NAME ON THE BOTTOM LINE, AND SPELL YOUR NAME! BY REPLYING TO ALL THE RETAILERS WE WILL ALL KNOW THAT WE ARE TOGETHER ON THIS PROJECT!
THANKYOU!

BUSINESS PLEDGE CARD
__ WE WILL BE OPEN FROM 4PM-7PM ON THURS/FRI/SAT DURING THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS

__ WE WILL DECORATE OUR STOREFRONT TO INVITE CHRISTMAS SHOPPERS AND WILL OUTLINE ALL WINDOWS ON THE MAINFLOOR IN MINATURE WHITE LIGHTS

__ WE WILL OFFER A UNIQUE CHRISTMAS OFFER/SERVICE HIGHLIGHTING CARTHAGE CHRISTMAS CASH TO DRIVE CUSTOMERS TO OUR AND OUR NEIGHBOR'S BUSINESS

__WE WILL UTILIZE CARTHAGE CHRISTMAS CASH IN ANY TYPE OF CHRISTMAS BONUS/GIFT WE GIVE OUR EMPLOYEES/SUPPLIERS/CUSTOMERS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON

__ WE PLEDGE TO DO OUR BEST TO PROMOTE "THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS" NOT ONLY FOR OUR BUSINESS BUT FOR OUR NEIGHBORS AS WELL

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

BUSINESS _________________

SIGNED____________________
importuser

By importuser at 9/19/2007 1:51 PM

Rob,
A couple of ideas for non-retail businesses:
1. Use the 12 Days hours as your business's Holiday Open House. Have registrations for door prizes (and build a customer database at the same time)
2. Have a local group set up camp in your business to do a "gift-wrap" fundraiser...kind of like the high school cheerleaders do face-painting at the Marine Bank picnic. (It would be great if the group raising funds could buy their gift-wrap at a Carthage store!!)
3. Cross-promote each other...there needs to be a poster listing all activities in each storefront...good publicity for EVERY business. (Mediacall will donate the design of the poster if we are sent the info...could be printed at Biddy's.)

I have a feeling we can get some statewide press on this activity is everyone participates..."best practices" for small towns. Good news like this generates even more excitement for business development.

Just some thoughts...
Kay
importuser

By importuser at 9/19/2007 2:25 PM

Posted by:MattDickinson
I like the way Kay thinks!!  :)

It's too bad, but the only thing I see here is a need for some face-to-face with retailers that aren't on board.  I don't think it's a "I don't want to do that!" nearly as much as it's a "What?  Never heard of it!" kind of thing.  We can publish here all day long, but if they aren't reading it, then they need a visit.

For all of you who ARE reading this, signing up, and working hard:  THANK YOU!  (Rob, keep on cheering, you just have to get folks on board one at a time).

ps: www.goilliniwest.com was just updated with the latest deals.  Keep those changes/additions coming...
importuser

By importuser at 9/19/2007 4:41 PM

Posted by:Robert

BUSINESS PLEDGE CARD

_X_ WE WILL BE OPEN FROM 4PM-7PM ON THURS/FRI/SAT DURING THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS

_X_ WE WILL DECORATE OUR STOREFRONT TO INVITE CHRISTMAS SHOPPERS AND WILL OUTLINE ALL WINDOWS ON THE MAINFLOOR IN MINATURE WHITE LIGHTS

_X_ WE WILL OFFER A UNIQUE CHRISTMAS OFFER/SERVICE HIGHLIGHTING CARTHAGE CHRISTMAS CASH TO DRIVE CUSTOMERS TO OUR AND OUR NEIGHBOR'S BUSINESS

_X_WE WILL UTILIZE CARTHAGE CHRISTMAS CASH IN ANY TYPE OF CHRISTMAS BONUS/GIFT WE GIVE OUR EMPLOYEES/SUPPLIERS/CUSTOMERS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON

_X_ WE PLEDGE TO DO OUR BEST TO PROMOTE "THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS" NOT ONLY FOR OUR BUSINESS BUT FOR OUR NEIGHBORS AS WELL

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

BUSINESS __ROBERT L. WEBB, CPA__

SIGNED_ROBERT L. WEBB_
importuser

By importuser at 9/19/2007 5:00 PM

If everyone that is onboard would please send back the 100% completed pledge card, then I will know who I don't have to contact face to face--then I will take however long it takes to meet one on one with  all the local business's that need more information.

somebody asked me why I am doing this when I'm not even on the square. I believe that Carthage and the Carthage area is poised to have a tremendous oppurtunity to be a tourism destination for the Midwest!!! My car dealership is going to benefit from a strong business community--- "rising water raises all ships" unless of course you let your ship get a bunch of holes in it.
dry rot---not willing to change
wormy--listen to other naysayers
rust--giving up
RC
importuser

By importuser at 9/20/2007 7:42 AM

Does anyone know if a list has ever been developed, showing items which people buy in other towns because they (think they) cannot find or buy them in Carthage?  Such a list might give our retailers ideas of how items to stock; or it might be that people could find out Carthage already has some of the items they go elsewhere to buy. Just wondering.

Robert
importuser

By importuser at 9/20/2007 10:45 AM

september 20th 2007

thanks for the input Robert!! I agree whole heartedly that we as retailers need to know where our holes are and the retail public needs to know what we have to offer. Any ideas how to get these two things out there?
RC
importuser

By importuser at 9/20/2007 10:47 AM

NEW GoIlliniWest.com Deal just posted:

[b]Robert L. Webb, CPA.[/b] 416 Main Street. Free tax organizer to use in gathering information for your tax return, customized to your last year's return if you wish.  

Thanks, Robert.  Keep them coming, folks!!!  (I think that's 24 super deals so far!)
importuser

By importuser at 9/20/2007 10:51 AM

Would a tear-out on the next Chamber page in the Journal-Pilot be of use?  We could ask the public to list the top 10 reasons they go out of town to shop (preferrably give us items they want to buy here, but also allow for other reasons, if store hours, etc.  "Selection" won't help us unless they give specifics, for example).

I doubt we get much of a response (they could drop them off at the Chamber or mail them?), but it'd be a start.  What other ways could we do this, short of manning Wal-Mart and stopping each recognizable face with the question? :)  Well, we could post an online survey (surveymonkey.com makes it easy) and we could try to send people there, maybe with the carrot of having a drawing?  Or we could do a survey by mail, but that's costly, too.  Robert has a good question, and it seems like a great place to start...

OK, back to work!  :)
importuser

By importuser at 9/20/2007 12:59 PM

Two ideas come to mind -

First, maybe a new "TOPIC" could be set up where forum members (with help from the spouse who does most of the shopping) could list specific items they buy out of town because they think they are not available in Carthage; and where anyone who knows that the item is really available in Carthage and they just didn't realize it, could also let it be known on the same forum topic heading.  In some cases, people may go out of town not because the item they want is not available, but because many items can be purchased at one place on one stop, or because they think it is less expensive somewhere else.  But it won't hurt to find out as much as possible about what we have or don't have. 

Secondly:  If we know what we don't have for sale in Carthage already, it might help in determining who to invite to have temporary quarters in available storefronts around the Carthage Outside Mall during this Christmas season, especially if present retailers can't offer the items.

If I come up with some specific examples, I'll post them later.

Robert
importuser

By importuser at 9/21/2007 8:05 AM

BUSINESS PLEDGE CARD
_x_ WE WILL BE OPEN FROM 4PM-7PM ON THURS/FRI/SAT DURING THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS

_x_ WE WILL DECORATE OUR STOREFRONT TO INVITE CHRISTMAS SHOPPERS AND WILL OUTLINE ALL WINDOWS ON THE MAINFLOOR IN MINATURE WHITE LIGHTS

_x_ WE WILL OFFER A UNIQUE CHRISTMAS OFFER/SERVICE HIGHLIGHTING CARTHAGE CHRISTMAS CASH TO DRIVE CUSTOMERS TO OUR AND OUR NEIGHBOR'S BUSINESS

x_WE WILL UTILIZE CARTHAGE CHRISTMAS CASH IN ANY TYPE OF CHRISTMAS BONUS/GIFT WE GIVE OUR EMPLOYEES/SUPPLIERS/CUSTOMERS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON

_x_ WE PLEDGE TO DO OUR BEST TO PROMOTE "THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS" NOT ONLY FOR OUR BUSINESS BUT FOR OUR NEIGHBORS AS WELL

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

BUSINESS _Royalty's________________

SIGNED__Dennis Royalty__________________

importuser

By importuser at 9/21/2007 2:23 PM

SEPTEMBER 21ST

W.I.N. (WHAT'S IMPORTANT NOW)

THE GO ILLINI WEST FAN CLUB/ILLIN WEST BOOSTER CLUB MEMBERS HAVE BEEN LOADED INTO AN EXCEL FORMAT. THANKS TO KARLA JOHNSON!!!! I AM NOW ATTEMPTING TO LOAD IT INTO MY OE SO I CAN SEND THE FIRST NEWSLETTER! WISH ME LUCK.

THERE ARE NOW WELL OVER TWENTY OFFERS ON THE WWW.GOILLINIWEST.COM WEBSITE--GREAT JOB!!! THIS IS ONLY GOING TO GROW BETTER WITH TIME

I HAVE ORDERED THE TENT FOR BOTH HOMECOMING AND PARENT'S NIGHT SEPT 28TH AND OCT 5TH--MAKE SURE AND HAVE YOUR BUSINESS REPRESENTED UNDER THE TENT ON THESE TWO BIG NIGHTS--WE SHOULD HAVE A GREAT TURNOUT--CARSON FORD IS ENTERING ALL CURRENT FAN AND BOOSTER CLUB MEMBERS INTO DRAWING FOR A $500 VALUE TAILGATE GRILLE AND ANY NEW MEMBERS SIGNED UP  BY HALFTIME OF PARENTS DAY WILL ALSO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN--LOOK FOR OTHER COOL ANNOUNCEMENTS FORTHCOMING

HOMECOMING DANCE ON THE SQUARE SATURDAY EVENING SEPT. 29TH--THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN DO AS A BUSINESS TO PROMOTE THAT EVENING---CARSON FORD WILL HAVE OUR FAN TRUCK WITH THE GRILLE SIGNING UP FANS!!!! PARTY ON ILLINI WEST!!!

THE MAPPINGS STILL KEEP TRICKLING IN--WE ARE AT THE POINT WHERE THE LAST FEW WILL BE PICKED UP AS WE GO--THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED TO GATHE THE INFORMATION---IF YOU HAVEN'T GOT YOURS IN ---GET ER DONE!!!

COMMUNITY CALENDAR--HAVEN'T TALKED MUCH ABOUT IT LATELY---BUT WITH THE NEW HIGH SCHOOL AND ALL THE UPCOMING CHRISTMAS ACITIVITIES IT WOULD SURE BE NICE TO HAVE A ONE STOP SHOP TO SEE WHAT THE HECKS GOING ON---I'M TRYING TO LOAD ALL MY CHRISTMAS INFO---LET'S ALL TRY TO USE IT

12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS---THE COMMITMENT CARDS ARE OUT THERE--HERE ARE THE ONES THAT I KNOW WILL BE OPEN--COUNTRY PASTIMES, NORTHSIDE JAVA, CARSON FORD, ROYALTY'S, WCAZ, DAIRY QUEEN, PLUMBTREE, WOOD INN, CENTER STAGE MUSIC, Robert Webb CPA, BEN FRANKLIN STORE
IF YOU HAVE A FRONT DOOR AND YOUR NOT ON THIS LIST--PLEASE GET YOUR COMMITMENT CARD BACK TO ME PRONTO--THANKS!

COURTHOUSE SQUARE DECORATING--LOOKING FOR 16 SPONSORS TO DECORATE THE INSIDE OF THE COURTHOUSE SQUARE---BY SPONSORING YOU JUST HAVE TO TAKE 1/16 TH OF THE SQUARE AND LIGHT ER UP---THINK OF IT AS A REALLY BIG BILLBOARD ALL LIT UP ADVERTISING YOUR BUSINESS TO 1000'S OF SHOPPERS DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON---I ALREADY HAVE 7 SPOTS COMMITED TO--CALL ME IF YOUR INTERESTED!

HOME FOR THE HOLIDAY'S---DINNER/MUSICAL---VERY EXCITING---STARTING TO MOVE VERY FAST ON THIS---PLAN TO HAVE YOUR BUSINESS CHRISTMAS PARTY AT HOME FOR THE HOLIDAY'S--GO BACK IN TIME TO THE WARTIME 40'S--BIG BANDS--THE ANDREW SISTER'S--BOB HOPE--USO SHOWS--THAT'S WHAT YOU AND YOUR VALUED EMPLOYEE'S ARE IN FOR  THIS CHRISTMAS  DINNER MUSICAL!!! DINE ON GOURMET FOOD AND ENJOY AN EVENING OF GREAT ENTERTAINMENT! IGUARANTEE THERE WON'T BE A DRY EYE IN THE HOUSE DURING THE FINALE!!!! STAY TUNED FOR OPEN DATES AND TIMES

THE CHRISTMAS WISH---IT'S ON!!! MEN'S CHOIR FIRST REHEARSAL SET FOR WED. OCT.3RD AT 8PM PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH--CHILDREN'S CHOIR TUES OCT 9TH 7PM AT CENTERSTAGE MUSIC--BAND PRACTICE TUESDAY EVENING'S 5PM AT THE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH--ALL TENTATIVE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE-TICKETS WILL GO ON SALE MID NOVEMBER MAKE PLANS FOR A MAGICAL EVENING OF CHRISTMAS AT THE SECOND AND FINAL "A CHRISTMAS WISH"!

ANY TALENT--MUSIC--EVENT--CHURCH SERVICE--SCHOOL FUNCTION--THAT WE CAN MAKE HAPPEN TO BRING PEOPLE TO TOWN DURING THE 12 DAYS PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN ADD IT TO THE CALENDAR OF EVENTS! NOTHING TO SMALL AND NOTHING TO LARGE NOT TO MENTION!!!!! LET'S PLAN ON FILLING OUR BEAUTIFUL SQUARE WITH THE SIGHTS, SOUNDS, SMELLS, AND MANY SMILES OF CHRISTMAS!!

RC
importuser

By importuser at 9/24/2007 9:16 AM

Regarding a list of products not available to buy in Carthage at the present time, I've had some lists sent to me, as well as some other suggestions for temporary store fronts during the Christmas Holiday Shopping Season. Rather than post them here individually, however, I would prefer that many people would each send me their lists of such products, or suggestions, by email, and I will compile an aggregate list, and post it on here, so that no names are shown, as that is not important.

The purpose of developing such a list is 100% positive, intended only to help our business community.  When people go elsewhere to buy something we can't or don't offer it here, they're likely to buy other things which they could buy here. So if we can close any gaps, it will help our businesses.

Carthage is a great place to live and work.  Have a great day!

Robert
bwebb9@juno.com