Share |

Carthage Chamber of Commerce Retail Committee

importuser

Carthage Chamber of Commerce Retail Committee

By importuser at 8/20/2007 10:06 AM

Posted by:carsnfrd
AUGUST 20TH

Don't forget the retail warriors committee meeting tomorrow (Tues Aug. 21) at 7am at the Northside Java! We will be discussing some really cool things you won't want to miss!

Per my last post for the 12 days of Christmas---we will be looking for each business to have a "hook" (an advertisable reason to have shoppers visit their establishment) that we can advertise for them. examples: Illini West special Christmas Scarf---special Christmas coffee drink--Christmas drink special---dinner special---special year end insurance evaluations---living will preparation---Christmas ornaments----you know your special "hook".

Try to have something on the counter that can be bought for $5 of CCC taxes pd. Carson Ford will be offering $7 car wash tokens for $5 of Christmas cash for example. You could have a whole wall of $5 CCC items that they hand you $5 and they take the item.

entertainment---any and all kinds of Christmas entertainment is welcome during the 12 days---have your help put on a living Window display---singers making fudge----Kareoke Christmas caroles---dinner/musical---Local church programs could be scheduled to begin at 7pm righ after the 12 day shopping time.. county wide choir singing together on the courthouse steps----any kind of entertainment is welcome and needed---bring your ideas and your committment tomorrow!
RC
importuser

Re: Carthage Chamber of Commerce Retail Committee

By importuser at 8/21/2007 9:04 AM

AUGUST 21ST 2007

[b]GOILLINIWEST.COM !!!!!!![/b]
[b]WHO: [/b] CARTHAGE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE RETAIL WARRIORS---ILLINI WEST SPORTS BOOSTERS---ALL ILLINI WEST FANS

[b]WHAT:[/b] GO ILLINI WEST FAN CLUB---FREE TO ANY FAN OF ILLINI WEST---PICKUP A "GO ILLINI WEST" FAN BUTTON AT THE "WILD WILD WESTS" ILLINI WEST/WEST HANCOCK FOOTBALL GAME AND JOIN THE ILLINI WEST FAN CLUB.

[b]WHEN:[/b] JOIN THE ILLINI WEST FAN CLUB BEFORE AND DURING THE "WILD WILD WESTS" ILLINI WEST/WEST HANCOCK FOOTBALL GAME TUESDAY SEPT 4TH 6PM--THROUGH HALFTIME.

[b]WHERE:  [/b] VISIT THE GOILLINIWEST.COM FAN CLUB TENT AT FUZZ BURGESS FIELD ILLINI WEST HIGH SCHOOL CARTHAGE ILLINOIS

[b]WHY: [/b] FANS WEARING  "GO ILLINI WEST" BUTTONS NOT ONLY ARE SUPPORTING THEIR HOME TEAM--BUT ALSO ARE ELIGIBLE RECIEVE PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNTS/GIVEAWAYS/SERVICES FROM PARTICIPATING LOCAL BUSINESS'S
WE ALL WIN!!! GOILLINIWEST.COM

[move]GOILLINIWEST.COM  GOILLINIEST.COM  GOILLINIWEST.COM  GOILLINIWEST.COM[/move]
importuser

By importuser at 8/21/2007 9:31 AM

AUGUST 21ST 2007

GOILLINIWEST.COM

THE W'S FOR THE "WILD WILD WESTS" GO ILLINI WEST FAN CLUB ARE LISTED ABOVE.

THE RETAIL WARRIORS HACKED THIS OUT IN AN HOUR THIS MORNING. THANKYOU TO ALL THAT ATTENDED AND COMMITTED TO THIS LONG TERM PROJECT.

The Carthage retailers are going to offer members of the Go Illini West Fan Club special discounts/services/giveaways when they are wearing their Illini west fan club pin. There will be a WWW.GOILLINIWEST.COM  fan club tent at the "Wild Wild Wests" football game Tuesday September 4th from 6pm---through halftime at Fuzz Burgess field at Illini West High School. Members can be signed up ---name/address/phone #/EMAIL--given their fan pin--and a list of current fan club privleges they recieve simply by being a member.

task list

press release---Nat Cole
tent---Rob
GO ILLINI WEST BUTTONS AND WWW.GOILLINIWEST.COM BANNER---Geraline
GOILLINIWEST.COM--DOMAIN AND LINKS---Matt and Jerode
WILD WILD WESTS--INAUGURAL GAME OFFERS FOR HOME AND VISITING TEAMS--CRAIG
BOOSTER AFFILIATION AND PARTNERSHIP---ROB
SCHOOL APPROVAL---ROB
INDIVIUAL BUSINESS OFFERS---EVERYONE!!!!!!

It is imperative that as a Retail Warrior you partner your business with the "Go Illini West" fan club by offering a perk to the fan club members. In order to include your offer to the fan club members at the "Wild Wild Wests" football game you will need post your offer to this site no later than Tuesday September 28th so that it can be added to the initial list. Please be creative with your offer and make sure that it is an offer that you can live with for the entire school year. For example: [b]Carson Ford is going to offer any pin wearing Illini West fan a mitt wash and chamois dry car wash retailing at $7 for just $5 on any Illini West game day.[/b]
As I said before--be creative--be able to live with it--and please be prompt--post your offer today---we will not be able to list your business as a participating retail warrior Illini Fan Club member if you don't respond back by Tuesday August 28th

Please don't make us chase you down---that only adds unnecessary work!!
importuser

By importuser at 8/21/2007 9:58 AM

AUGUST 21ST

RETAIL WARRIORS MEETING

THE FAN CLUB TOOK UP THE LION'S SHARE OF OUR HOUR TOGETHER.
In the final minutes the group did discuss breifly the 12 days of Christmas and the possibilities of an online mall for local retailers!

You can reference the 12 days of Christmas previous post for the w's on this project.
What we were discussing this am was entertainment during the promotion and the commitment of the business community to the project. Here are some must happens for this to work
1. all business must be open during the 12 days---we are talking about just 36 hours!!! If you have a storefront on the Carthage Square of leading to the square we must have you open for those 36 hours for this to be a success!

2. non retail businesss need to support the project by purchasing CCC for their employees/patrons/suppliers---and then scheduling your Christmas parties/dinners in Carthage during the 12 days and inviting your employees/patrons/suppliers to spend their CCC prior to the event

3. Creating a winter wonderland around the downtown outdoor mall with the lights/sounds/smells of Christmas---all storefronts lit up with lights---16 corporate sponsors to light up the interior square to make it a regional destination to look at the lights.

4. Christmas entertainment---during the 12 there has to be entertainment either before/during/or directly after the 4-7 time period. The more scheduled the better
4 of the 12 days are already handled---Christmas open house and the 3 days of the "Wish"----please use your resources to come up with additional Christmas Themed entertainment during the 12 days!

the last discussion of the day was the online mall----just touched on the concept---very intriquing----all participating retailers could have a listing of their unique merchandise that can be ordered--sent to a shopping cart---paid for--and shipped online---all from one online Carthage shopping mall location. Just dipping out toe in the water here---BUT VERY INTERESTING

Well that was our 1st retail warrior face to face!! I think it went well!
What did the rest of you think?
importuser

By importuser at 8/21/2007 10:14 AM

Just recieved from Kirstin at Country Pastimes!--great ideas and they can be profitable!
rc
Hi Rob,

My mom was telling me about the buttons, very good idea by the way. You all were talking about who could design them. I think anyone could do it just keep it simple and easy. I have attached two files one with a flag, and the other with buttons. These are just ideas you do not have to use them.

As far as the flags go this is what they have in Camdenton, or something like it. It is really neat to see all the fans that support the schools. Also, I whould sugest getting large ones for the business and smaller ones for homeowners and selling them at games.

I herd Jerylin liked the one that Computing made easy had, I think they would look pretty cool around the circle drive at the highschool. I wonder if there are business that would want to sponcer them(buy them) and thier name could be put in the programs.

Well just some thoughts. Talk later

Kirstin
Country Pastimes
importuser

By importuser at 8/21/2007 11:27 AM

Posted by:MattDickinson
We have reserved and paid for (for 10 years!!) the domain name www.goilliniwest.com!  You can't go there, yet, as it will take a couple of days for the Internet to learn about it, and Adams needs to do a little tweaking to their servers.  BUT, the site is up, and you RETAIL WARRIORS can take a look now (this is a preliminary site, put together in under an hour, so there is a lot left to do!).

Here's what we have so far:  http://www.carthage-il.com/goilliniwest/index.html will get you there.  Post suggestions, etc if you want, but obviously there are holes in the site right now, just wanted to give everyone something to talk about!  :)

Thanks all for your energy and assitance, this will be a great Christmas shopping season in Carthage!!!
importuser

By importuser at 8/23/2007 6:28 AM

AUGUST 22ND I THINK

WWW.GOILLINIWEST.COM

GREAT JOB! MATT AND JEROD!

That was fast! Now I need you all to post to this site or if your not forum capable yet-email me your discount/offer/deal you want to make available to go Illini West fan club members so we can include you in the mailing.
Please post it here or send it to my email carsnfrd@adams.net.
If you could get them to me by Friday I would greatly appreciate it.
I'll post more later
RC

to the button workers. Whatever you guys come up with is way good. Get them printed when you like what you've got!
importuser

By importuser at 8/24/2007 9:34 AM

AUGUST 24TH

O.K. GUYS---I FULLY EXPECTED TO COME IN THIS MORNING AFTER BEING OUT FOR 2 DAYS AND SEEING MY INBOX FULL OF RETAIL WARRIOR OFFERS FOR THE GO ILLINI WEST FANS. I'VE GOT ONE! AND IT'S MINE!

The only way this thing will work is if we all do our little part. There is a group working very hard to produce a pin, a website has been set up, arrangements are being made to put up a tent with the cooperation of the boosters. All I am asking is for you to  tell the group what you are willing to offer the 1000's of Illini West fans that will be coming to our town this year. If there are no responses by close of business today--I must assume that this is not a project the retailers want to participate in and shelve it. This is the only way I know how or have time to work these projects---ALL offers must be in by close of business Tuesday---either post your offer to the forum or email me back so I can post it today!
Thanks
RC
questions? refer to the post about goilliniwest or email me or call me carsnfrd@adams.net  2173573154
importuser

By importuser at 8/24/2007 3:57 PM

Posted by:BillPyatt
Rob,

First United Methodist Church of Carthage will be glad to be a sponsor with the GoIlliniWestFanClub.

We will provide a new bible as a gift.

Bill Pyatt
importuser

By importuser at 8/24/2007 4:06 PM

Posted by:journalpilot
Hey retailers...we are doing this stuff for you. You have to work with us and give us a bone to throw here. We need to release this info to the media, but right now we have nothing to say! Let's get going.
importuser

By importuser at 8/24/2007 4:37 PM

The Journal-Pilot will offer a subscription special for new subscribers in or out of the county. Since the district is #307, we will take $3.07 off the annual subscription cost, making the price $23.93/year. Again, this offer is good for any NEW subscriber who comes into the office wearing their GOILLINIWEST.COM button. Normally the out of county subscription cost is $41/year, but because of the counties in the convergence we want to reach out to our neighbors and offer them the same price as county folks. We will also do some promotion of the offer through ads in the paper.

importuser

By importuser at 8/27/2007 1:25 PM

AUGUST 27TH 2007

[size=10pt][b]GOILLINIWEST.COM CURRENT OFFERS[/b[/size]]
ON ANY GAME DAY WEARING GOILLINIWEST.COM PIN:

[b]CARSON FORD[/b]--HWY 136 CARTHAGE AND HAMILTON ---CARSONFORD.COM---1-800-728-3589---$7 MITT WASH AND CHAMOIS DRY CAR WASH JUST $5

[b]COUNTRY PASTIMES[/b]--NORTHSIDE SQUARE CARTHAGE---Buy a bag of Aromatique Potpourri, get a matching votive FREE!

[b]MARINE TRUST COMPANY[/b]--CARTHAGE--GET A 10 BASIS POINT INCREASE ON ANY CD PURCHASE

[b]TOWNHOUSE RESTAURANT AND PLUMBTREE SUPPERCLUB[/b]--EASTSIDE SQUARE-- CARTHAGE  (217) 357-3373   --Free drink* with the purchase of any food item. 
*Drink choices include soft drink, iced tea or coffee. The Towne House Restaurant, East side of the Square, Carthage   . .$1.00 off our signature "Plum Tree Special" Sandwich Platter. Sorry, no substitutions.
The Plum Tree Supper Club and Lounge

[b]FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH OF CARTHAGE [/b] will be glad to be a sponsor with the GoIlliniWestFanClub and provide a new bible as a gift.

[b]HANCOCK JOURNAL PILOT[/b]--The Journal-Pilot will offer a subscription special for new subscribers in or out of the county. Since the district is #307, we will take $3.07 off the annual subscription cost, making the price $23.93/year. Again, this offer is good for any NEW subscriber

[b]ROYALTY'S[/b]--CLOTHING STORE--WESTSIDE SQUARE CARTHAGE--357-2323---ONE WEEK ONLY SPECIAL --ILLINI WEST SS TEE-SHIRTS $8.99---ILLINI WEST SS POLO SHIRTS $12.99---ILLINI WEST SWEATSHIRTS $12.99

[b]SIMPLY IRRESISTABLE[/b]--BEAUTY PARLOR AND SPA--NORTH MADISON CARTHAGE--357-3999--
10% OFF OF ANY RETAIL PRODUCT PURCHASED

SHERRICK DRUG & MEDICAL, 525 Main Street, Carthage will offer 15% off all "Leader Brand" items purchased when wearing the GoIlliniWest.com Fan Club button.  Offer expires 05/31/08.

KRBAVAC STUDIO-- 914 main st. Carthage--357-3591-- www.KrbavacStudio.com
During the Illini West 07-08 season set your appointment for a complimentary Illini West "show your colors" photo session. The session includes one child--small group of chidren--or family group. You will also recieve a special team discount on photo packages

[size=10pt][/size]
importuser

By importuser at 8/28/2007 11:06 AM

We need to get this info posted to illiniwest.com before I send the press release. Due to delays in reply this info will not appear in this week's J-P.

Nat
importuser

By importuser at 8/28/2007 5:21 PM

AUGUST 28TH

LATEST FROM MATT ON THE WEBSITE

Excellent!  Rob, as soon as you get your final list, send it to me (if you dont post it, which I guess you would! J), and Ill put it on the web site.  BTW, www.goilliniwest.com is now LIVE!  Since these deals dont seem to be too dynamic, I dont mind listing them on the web site for the year. If they were going to change very much, then keeping up might have been a problem. 

This looks like a great start, I hope others can pony up too!  Thanks for the work!

I like the point about ponying up for the Chargers!

[b]Here is where we stand today[/b]
THE WEBSITE IS LIVE!
THE BUTTONS ARE ORDERED
THE BUTTON CARDS ARE BEING DEVELOPED
THE POSTERS ARE IN THE PROCESS OF BEING DONE
THE BOOSTERS ARE PARTNERS
WE HAVE A TENTATIVE OK TO HAVE THE TENT AT THE GAME
THE INITIAL OFFERS ARE ON THE FORUM--WE NEED MORE!!!

[b]HERE IS WHAT ELSE HAS TO HAPPEN[/b]
MORE OFFERS FROM LOCAL BUSINESS!!!!!
VOLUNTEERS TO WORK THE TENT FROM 6PM TIL HALFTIME IS OVER
INDEX CARDS TO GATHER FAN INFORMATION
VOLUNTEERS TO LOAD THE FAN INFORMATION INTO A USABLE FORMAT SO WE CAN STAY IN TOUCH
LINKS TO THE WEBSITE OF COMMUNITY BUSINESSES

importuser

By importuser at 8/29/2007 10:12 AM

AUGUST 29TH
Hi guys,

Here is the current list of the mappings that have been turned in. Unfortunately the completed list is much shorter than the to do list is. We really do need to have this part of the mapping completed by the middle of September at the very latest if we hope to have the vacant/low use properties occupied during the 12 days of Christmas.
Here are some suggestions to getting your parts done
1) contact your square associate and let them know we need to get this done
2) Partner with them by prefilling the Survey with as much information as possible before you make the owner contact
3) Get the business neighbor involved--I know that if my next door business was empty I would do whatever I could to help fill it up
4) Call me if you need additional assistance--357--3154 ext 6
Northwest: Nina
First State Bank
Ramsey Financial
Clark Insurance
Twaddle Furniture
McHugh Drug
Royalty's both storefronts
Hancock Area Medical Supply Inc.
Southwest: David
Southeast: Brittany
Hancock County Health Department
Northeast: Deb
Country Pastimes 3 storefronts
Capps,Ancelet,Clark, & Rasmussen
First Community Bank

Off Square---Carson Ford

Here is a rough list of ones still outstanding:
Approximately 50

Northwest: Nina
Wood Inn
Webb accounting
Center Stage
Conn Communications
Northside Java
Ead's Jewelry? radio station--vacant
Taste of China
J&R tire
Ben Franklin
Simply Irresistable
Convenient Coin Laundry/sun believable
The Blue Moose--vacant
Southwest: David
Gary Grimm and Associates
Sam Naylor
Cam Miller
WCAZ
Illini West--Ron Kelley
2 store fronts--Stan Tucker? vacant/vacant
Woodbine/Carl Motors vacant/vacant
The Bistro
The Carthage Community Library
Main cleaners/financial--vacant/vacant
Fecht Antiques vacant
Carthage Hotel vacant/vacant/vacant
wollbrinks
cokel welding/car wash
Southeast: Brittany
Hancock County Historical Society (Carthage Jail) vacant
The Station House vacant
Carthage City Hall
Hancock County Farm Bureau/Absolute Fitness Ron Kelly
Sullivans RSVP--Biddy's Press
Hartzell, Tucker, Glidden, & Hartzell
Advanced Physical Therapy
Menn's Firestone
H & R Block
Dick Lunt Insurance
Second hand Furniture Marlin long?
physcians office?
Northeast: Deb
Old Hancock Cty Farm Bureau--Sue Boyer
Plumbtree/Townhouse Restaurant
Dornbush Insurance
Randy Sharpe Realty
coin laundry
Christmas shop
Baptist Church
Bentzingers
Leroy Ufkes
Busy Hands?
Chiropractor

Please don't make me have to go around and fill out 50 of these Survey's :) --but if I have to I will
If you do them yourself you could have as many 13
If you use your associates (2 per qtr side of the square) this lowers our per person survey's to just 6
If they get their neighbors on each side of them to help--that is just 3
Let's work together and get this done and over with
Thanks
Rob