Share |

Carthage Chamber of Commerce Retail Committee

importuser

Carthage Chamber of Commerce Retail Committee

By importuser at 8/26/2009 5:31 PM

Posted by:carsnfrd
hi guys!!!!
All right---it sounds like Carthage High School classes---1960---1970---1975--2000-are all interested in our mass Carthage High School reunion 2010---if you know of anyone from 1965--1980--1985--1990--1995-----2005 please conatact me at carsnfrd@adams.net or my cell 217-357-1599---we need to talk!
This WILL be the greatest reunion ever for the least amount of work!
Rob

importuser

Re: Carthage Chamber of Commerce Retail Committee

By importuser at 8/27/2009 10:23 AM

Great News!
On Homecoming Friday Oct 2nd Carson Ford--Illini West High School and the Illini West Sports/Music Boosters are teaming up with Ford Motor Company to offer a  "Drive One 4 UR School" Test drive promotion.

Carson Ford and Ford Motor Company will make a $20 donation to the booster clubs for every test drive on this date up to 300 test drives. That adds up to $6000 for our high school booster clubs!!!!
Here are the facts:
who: Ford Motor Company--Carson Ford--Illini West High School--Illini West Sports/Music Boosters and You!

what: "Drive One 4 UR School" Test drive promotion--Ford and Carson Ford are so proud of their new products
that we want everyone to test drive one--and if 300 Illini West Fans test drive one on Homecoming Friday--They will donate $6000 to the Illini West Sports/Music Booster Clubs!

when: Illini West Homecoming weekend--Friday Oct.2nd--noon til 6pm or until 300 test drives are completed! Come to the homecoming parade and make a $20 donation in your name to the sports/music boosters!

where: The north side of the Historic Hancock County Courthouse will be the location from noon til 5pm with all the cars moving to the High School Fuzz Burgess Field southwest entrance for a tailgate party up until Kickoff--hopefully all 300 hundred test drives will be completed on the square---rain date will be at the Carthage Extension Center!!!

why: Ford has some tremendous new vehicles that are equal or better than the import competition in quality--design--and fuel economy-----Ford is willing to make a $6000 donation to Illini West Sports/Music Boosters to prove this point!!

Carson Ford is proud to be a part of this community and the fact that they can give back to it by offering this program!  FORD--DRIVE ONE

importuser

By importuser at 9/1/2009 9:54 AM

Just got this from the director of Circle K International!!!!!!

Hello Rob -

My name is Erin Fischer, and I am the Director of CKI.  I was hoping we could figure out a time to talk about this amazing project that you are working on.  I am out of the office today, but will be available tomorrow and Thursday.  Would either of these days work?

Thanks.

Erin Fischer
CKI Director
importuser

By importuser at 9/8/2009 4:04 PM

Well,
Here is the short story of what I have in mind.
I took the chair of the tourism committee for this year on the chamber because of what I think can happen.
here it goes
from the 1st of may til the end of August starting 2010

1) Branson type show in the auditorium every Fri and Sat night--(prairie home companion format)--filmed and streamed to the internet eventually
2)mon-fri noon time meal with entertainment for tourism and tour busses coming to the jail/square
3)Friday night pig roast and hoe down prior to the show-complete with country and western band and square dancers
4) empty store fronts and regular business storefronts converted to retail every fri and sat with local artists/craftsmen/retailers/organic farmers/..........
5) market this to ALL the mormon busses--bank senior citizen groups for one/two day bus trips (how many trips can a blue hair take to Branson) , Amtrak weekend train getaways......
AM I THINIKIN OUTSIDE THE BOX OR WHAT!

importuser

By importuser at 9/21/2009 2:01 PM

Great News!
On Homecoming Friday Oct 2nd Carson Ford--Illini West High School and the Illini West Sports/Music Boosters are teaming up with Ford Motor Company to offer a  "Drive One 4 UR School" Test drive promotion.

Carson Ford and Ford Motor Company will make a $20 donation to the booster clubs for every test drive on this date up to 300 test drives. That adds up to $6000 for our high school booster clubs!!!!
Here are the facts:
who: Ford Motor Company--Carson Ford--Illini West High School--Illini West Sports/Music Boosters and You!

what: "Drive One 4 UR School" Test drive promotion--Ford and Carson Ford are so proud of their new products
that we want everyone to test drive one--and if 300 Illini West Fans test drive one on Homecoming Friday--They will donate $6000 to the Illini West Sports/Music Booster Clubs!

when: Illini West Homecoming weekend--Friday Oct.2nd--noon til 6pm or until 300 test drives are completed! Come to the homecoming parade and make a $20 donation in your name to the sports/music boosters!

where: The north side of the Historic Hancock County Courthouse will be the location from noon til 5pm with all the cars moving to the High School Fuzz Burgess Field southwest entrance for a tailgate party up until Kickoff--hopefully all 300 hundred test drives will be completed on the square---rain date will be at the Carthage Extension Center!!!

why: Ford has some tremendous new vehicles that are equal or better than the import competition in quality--design--and fuel economy-----Ford is willing to make a $6000 donation to Illini West Sports/Music Boosters to prove this point!!

Carson Ford is proud to be a part of this community and the fact that they can give back to it by offering this program!  FORD--DRIVE ONE

importuser

By importuser at 10/12/2009 12:37 PM

Wow--what a couple of months we've had here at Carson Motors!! I've been so busy with "Cash 4 Clunkers" I've neglected writing a newsletter--so I'm making myself sit down and do a little ranting and raving.
First of all "Cash 4 Clunkers" was quite a program. Carson Motors delivered 32 new vehicles under the C4C program. We had clunkers piled everywhere! I even considered having a "demo derby"!
The program had it's good points and it's bad points:
good points--we sold 32 cars
bad points--we had to crush some really good old vehicles, we had to deal with the government (what a pain in the ashtray), and we've had to deal with the government(it was such a pain I just had to say it twice)!!
What I found interesting is that only about 8% of the older vehicles even qualified for "Cash 4 Clunkers"--there are still many--many older vehicles on the road with 150-200 thousand miles on them!
Here's the good news-- Since we took 650,000 clunkers off the road and crushed them--these used cars have never been worth more! I have never seen older used cars worth as much money as they are today--in many cases--your old "clunker" is worth MORE than what the government was paying to crush it!!!

As always, the Carson Family is here to take care of all your transportation needs---why---
BECAUSE WE DON'T WANT TO SELL YOU JUST A CAR TODAY, WE WANT TO SELL YOU TRANSPORTATION FOR A LIFETIME!
Thanks so much for your continued patronage we're only here because of YOU!
                                                                                          ROB

NEW VEHICLE SALES
ATTENTION ALL GOVERNMENT AGENCIES/MUNICIPALTIES/SCHOOLS
BASICALLY ANY ENTITY THAT RECIEVES TAX DOLLARS
IT'S OFFICIAL!
Carson Motors Ford/Chevy/Buick is your OFFICIAL
State Bid vendor of choice!
there are huge State incentives on new vehicles for government use!
Carson Motors IS authorized to offer State bid incentives in Western Illinois/Southeast Iowa/Northeast Missouri to government agencies
Carson Motors can get you the state bid and offer you hometown service!
IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT

USED VEHICLE SALES
WE NEED YOUR USED VEHICLE!
CASH 4 CLUNKERS HAS DEPLETED USED CAR INVENTORIES ACROSS THE ENTIRE UNITED STATES--WE WILL EITHER TRADE OR BUY YOUR USED CAR--GUARANTEED!

PARTS AND SERVICE
Need to keep that car or truck for another year or two? Are you willing to trust your car to the shade tree guy down the street? If so, that's ok, we'll be happy to fix whatever he goofs up!
Our certified techs are experts at fixing the "other guys" mistakes. Hey, we may cost a few dollars more to fix it right the 1st time---but we think we're worth it and I'm sure you will too!
from oil changes to engine changes--we are company certified to do it all!
two convenient locations in Carthage and Hamilton Illinois
importuser

By importuser at 10/14/2009 5:47 PM

On october 17th 1954 in a small midwest college auditorium, one hundred and fourteen college students from across the United States came together to lay the groundwork for a great new organization. These young people had high hopes of creating a college service club dedicated to providing educational opportunities for worthy young men, to promote high scholarship and to develop aggressive citizenship and the spirit of service for the improvement of all human relationships. This dream created some 55 years ago by these one hundred and fourteen young scholars has grown and prospered to become an International organization with over 450 chapters worldwide---Circle k International. While Circle K International has evolved to see huge growth and prominence, the campus and auditorium, the actual birthplace of Circle K, has not. For the past seventeen years the former Carthage College Campus and in particular the 700 seat auditorium have sat empty and abandoned. However, on this 55th anniversary of the birth of Circle K International, the City of Carthage, Illinois, Carl Sandburg College, and the entire family of Kiwanis organizations are working towards bringing this historic Auditorium back to its former status as a community pillar and performing arts facility.

The Charger community Center Auditorium Campaign will provide a portion of the funding for this renovation project. Because of the historical signifigance as the location of the first Circle K International meeting, we invite you, the family of Kiwanis International members and affiliates, to join with us and financially support this very worthwhile renovation campaign. Your particpation will not only serve to recognize the founders of Circle K, but will provide a new vision of hope for this rural economically distressed midwest region.

By honoring Circle K International's birthplace in the Charger Center Auditorium, the Kiwanis family is not only giving recognition to their founding young scholars, but are continuing a tradition which started 55 years ago by these young people with two simple words--"We Build".  Discussions with Carl Sandburg college have included such possibilities as establishing a Circle K historical display in the facility, creating a pemanent plaque and "hall of fame" to honor the first convention and financial contributors to this project Your tax deductable donation will be a very meaningful gift made in honor or in memory of a fellow Kiwanian or local Kiwanis organization . Please join with us in supporting this very exciting project---together--WE BUILD!
importuser

By importuser at 12/7/2009 4:38 PM

TOGETHER--WE BUILD
CHARGER COMMUNITY CENTER AUDITORIUM CAMPAIGN
CAMPAIGN OVERVIEW
The former Carthage college campus in Carthage Illinois has sat dormant for the past 17 years. One of the most prominent buildings on the former Carthage College Campus was the Bryan Auditorium, a 700 seat facility that has served the college and the community since it was built in the early 50's. We propose to revitalize the building and again have it serve as the center of the community for education, the arts, and public gatherings. Renovation costs for the auditorium are estimated at $2.9 million. Funding sources would include $2.3 million from Carl Sandburg College bond proceeds and interest income: $250,000 from capital fund expenditures from the FY010 CSC budget: and $400,000 from the Auditorium Capital Campaign.

The community portion of the capital campaign is a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to not only give to this very worthwhile project, but to also recieve "seats for life" in the NEW auditorium. For a totally tax deductable contribution of $500 a "seats for life" patron recieves two specific seats in the audtiorium "for life". Here is how it works:
who: "seat for life" patrons are local individuals looking to honor loved ones and support the auditorium project by purchasing 2 seats
what: "seats for life" ---there are approximately 225 pairs of seats eligible for the "seats for life" campaign--when a patron purchases the rights to two of the seats for $500 they recieve the following
1) two specific seats in the auditorium in their name
2) plaques on the seats honoring a loved one or institution
3) "seats for life"--the patron will be given the opportunity to purchase their specific seat tickets prior to being offered to the general public for any public performance issuing individual seat tickets in the auditorium. For any performance that issues seat specific tickets, the patron will be given sufficient time to order their seats before the tickets go on sale to the general public. Once the tickets are made available to the general public, the patrons seats are available for anyone to purchase.The "seats for life" are available for the patron to enjoy--for life. Provisions are being made for the patrons to be able to transfer their "seats for life" to their heirs upon their death.
when: The "seats for life" campaign kicks off December 15th and will run until the seats are sold. Up to 18 civic organizations and business's are sponsoring individual rows in the auditorium. These 18 sponsors will be responsible for selling the pairs and triplets of seats in their row to "seat for life" patrons. The seats will be offered on a first come/first serve basis so-- although there really is not a bad seat in the house, the earlier the patron's commit to a seat the better selection they will have.
Where: The auditorium is located on the old Carthage College Campus in Carthage Illinois. Carl Sandburg College has taken ownership of the facility and is championing the renovation. All checks and cash donations will be made to the Carl Sandburg foundation a 501c3 not for profit organization, so your donations are 100% tax deductable. Patrons will be able to purchase their seats through one of the sponsoring organizations, at Carson Ford or eventually  online at www.carthage-il.com through the auditorium's future ticketing vendor.
Why: The "seats for life" campaign not only offers a lifetime of benefits to the purchasers, but also fulfills a great need in the community by supporting the rejuvination of the auditorium and the college campus. Once again the Charger Center Audiorium will be the focal point for all aspects of community activity going forward for years to come. TOGETHER--WE BUILD!

If you or your organization is interested in being a row sponsor or an indivdual seat purchaser---please send me an email or give me a call on my cell phone so we can discuss further. Although the actual kickoff of the campaign is not until December 15th, we are signing up row sponsors as we speak. If I haven't heard from you soon---you will probably hear from me!
thankyou for your investment in our mutual future in Carthage
Rob Carson
Charger Center Auditorium
Capital Campaign Chair
1-217-357-1599
carsnfrd@adams.net
importuser

By importuser at 1/5/2010 3:25 PM

Here is a slightly more official listing of the row sponsors and sold seats for the Auditorium "seats for life campaign"
I hope to get all the row sponsors on track to be able to add their seat patrons to this list and keep me with an updated list of what seats are sold and what we have left. Speaking with many of the row sponsors, it looks like the interest is very high and the seats are going quickly.
I have included the seating chart and a list of all the available seats in the auditorium.
IF YOU ARE A ROW SPONSOR COORDINATOR--PLEASE FILL IN YOUR SEAT PATRON'S NAMES ON THEIR SEAT  AS I HAVE DONE AND EMAIL BACK TO ME--ALTHOUGH THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL--IT WILL GIVE US A NICE RUNNING TALLY AS WE GO ALONG
If you see your organization on here as a sponsor--and you have any questions--don't hesitate to give me a call and I'll steer you to the right person in the organization. I hope to have all the rows sponsored and have a seat sponsor for all the "class of" seats in the near future.
If you are interested in being a seat sponsor for your class year, please let me know. All it really involves is helping us to get in touch with your classmates--and as a class seat sponsor you will recieve the same benefits for the class seat as the seat for life patrons--!!
We are still excepting donations dated in 2009--so if your wanting to make your donation in last year's books---please contact me very soon.
This is a process in process so don't hesitate to call me with any questions or concerns!
together we build!
Rob Carson
1-217-357-3154
carsnfrd@adams.net

ROW A
109--Rob and Lori Carson--Cody's seat
110--Rob and Lori Carson--Jack's seat
113--Carthage High School--"class of 60"
ROW B--FIRST COMMUNITY BANK--Deb Kern
ROW C--CITY OF CARTHAGE--Mayor Jim Nightingale
110--Dave and Joyce Biery
111--Dave and Joyce Biery
112--Matt and Becky Dickinson   
113--Matt and Becky Dickinson
ROW D--DISTEK--Matt Dickinson
101--Shane and Christine Murphy   
102--Shane and Christine Murphy
103--Bruce and JoAnn Diercks
104--Bruce and JoAnn Diercks
105--Tom and Leanne Seavers
106--Tom and Leanne Seavers
107--Jackson Family Trust
108--Jackson Family Trust
109--Dickinson Boys
110--Dickinson Boys
111--Distek
112--Distek
113--Distek
aisle:
ROW E--MARINE TRUST COMPANY--Tom Dale
101 --David & Shelly Fox
102 --David & Shelly Fox
103 - Tom & Rita Dale     
104 --Tom & Rita Dale
105 --Lynn & Rose Fisher
106 --Lynn & Rose Fisher
10 7 -Marine Bank & Trust           
108 - Dan & Jody Dion   
109 --Dan & Jody Dion
110 --Ed & Sandy Folkerts
111 --Ed & Sandy Folkerts
112 --Jerry & Linley Bartell
113 --Jerry & Linley Bartell
aisle:
2 --Ron & Sally Cook
4 --Ron & Sally Cook
ROW F--CARSON MOTORS--Rob Carson
101--Carson Motors
102--Carson Motors
103--Carson Motors
104--Carson Motors
105--Carson Motors
106--Carl and  Doris Carson
107--Carl and Doris Carson
108--Mary Tucker and Carla Yager
109--Mary Tucker and Carla Yager
110--Mark and Traci Harrell   
111--Mark and Traci Harrell
112--Jo Ellen Young Memorial
113--Jo Ellen Young Memorial
aisle:
2--Matt and Chenille Saunders
4--Matt and Chenille Saunders
6--Matt and Chenille Saunders
8--Matt and Chenille Saunders
10--Matt and Chenille Saunders
12--Matt and Chenille Saunders
ROW G--CARSON MOTORS--Rob Carson
101--Shawn and Lydia Gutting
102--Shawn and Lydia Gutting
103--Shawn and Lydia Gutting
104--Shawn and Lydia Gutting
105--Joe and Jan Gutting
106--Joe and Jan Gutting
107--Bill Rasmussen and Betsy Wejuk
108--Bill Rasmussen and Betsy Wejuk
109--sold tbd
110--sold tbd
111--sold tbd
112--Roger and Kathy Brierton   
113--Roger and Kathy Brierton
aisle
2--Craig and Anita Wear
4--Craig and Anita Wear
6--Craig and Anita Wear   
8--Craig and Anita Wear
10--Tom and Jeane Langan
12--Tom and Jeane Langan
ROW H--MEMORIAL HOSPITAL--Ada Bair
aisle:
2--David and Linda Stoverink   
4--David and Linda Stoverink
ROW J--FIRST STATE BANK--Nina Boyer
101--Donald and Elizabeth Schilson
102--Donald and Elizabeth Schilson
103--Arnold and Nina Boyer   
104--Arnold and Nina Boyer
105--Arnold and Nina Boyer
106--Arnold and Nina Boyer
107--Mike and Michelle Bavery
108--Mike and Michelle Bavery
109--Jack and Bev Ufkes   
110--Jack and Bev Ufkes
111--Ivan and Pat Murphy
112--Ivan and Pat Murphy
113--
aisle:
ROW K--CARTHAGE KIWANIS--Dave Walker
aisle:
ROW L--CARTHAGE LIONS--Dan Dion
101     Tommie & Susan Long
102     Tommie & Susan Long
103      Hollis & Alice Dean
104      Hollis & Alice Dean
105      Jay McHugh
106      Jay McHugh
107      Jay McHugh
aisle:
ROW M--FIRST BANKERS TRUST--Dennis Royalty
aisle:
ROW N--CARTHAGE VET SERVICE--Callie Connor

101--Dr. Joe and Callie Connor
102--Dr. Joe and Callie Connor
103 - Larry McClintock
104 - Larry McClintock
112 - Kelly & Laura Greiner
113 - Kelly & Laura Greiner

aisle:
ROW P--PRAIRIELAND INVESTMENT GROUP--Callie Connor

101- Doug & Eva Groth
102 - Doug & Eva Groth
103 - Julie & Matt Totten
104 - Julie & Matt Totten
110 Dr.'s Bill and Brigit Hollis
111 Dr.'s Bill and Brigit Hollis
112 Dr.'s Bill and Brigit Hollis
113 Dr.'s Bill and Brigit Hollis

aisle:
ROW Q
aisle:
ROW R
aisle:
ROW S--CARL SANDBURG COLLEGE--Gena Alcorn
aisle:
10--Alman and Ann Myers
12--Alman and Ann Myers
ROW T
ROW U
EAST AISLE
ROW L
1--Larry and Laura Rupert   
3--Larry and Laura Rupert
ROW M
ROW N
ROW P
ROW Q
ROW R
ROW S
ROW T
ROW U
CARTHAGE COLLEGE "CLASS OF"
A2--50
Don Schilson--$100
A10--51
A12--52
B2--53
B4--54
B6--55
B8--56
B10--57
B12--58
C2--59
C4--60
C6--61
C8--62
C10--63
C12--64
CARTHAGE HIGH SCHOOL "CLASS OF"
A113--60--Terry Newell tlnewell@frontiernet.net
A1--61   
A7--62--Donna Walker djwalker@adams.net
B1--63
B3--64
B5--65
B7--66
B9--67--John Huston jhuston@adams.net
C1--68--Jeanie Jones  jjones01@mchsi.com
C3--69
C5--70
C7--71
C9--72
D1--73--Dave Walker dwalkerref@gmail.com
D3--74--Kevin Youngmeyer kyoungmeyer@netscape.net
D5--75--Karla Johnson  carsnfrd@adams.net
D7--76--
D9--77
E1--78
E3--79
E5--80--
E7--81--Tim Snyder tdsnyder@mchsi.com
E9--82
F1--83
F3--84
F5--85
F7--86--Teresa Smith tsmith@mhtlc.org
F9--87
G1--88
G3--89
G5--90
G7--91
G9--92
H1--93
H3--94
H5--95
H7--96
H9--97
J1--98
J3--99
J5--00
J7--01--Jamie Whitcomb  Jwhitcomb@yetterco.com
J9--02
K1--03
K3--04
K5--05--Ashley Squier
K7--06
K9--07
importuser

By importuser at 1/7/2010 4:57 PM

need some good old Carthage College Grads---I know your out there!!!
ask around your office--forward to friends--the more the merrier--great way to reconnect with old classmates and friends
thanks
Rob

CALLING ALL CLASS'S
CALLING ALL CLASS'S
If you graduated from Carthage College or Carthage High School between the years of 1950--1964 for Carthage College or 1960 to 2007 for Carthage High School--please take notice
In the seats for life campaign each class from the above mentioned years have a "class of" seat in the new Charger Center. I am looking for a class member from each of these years to be a liason between the "seats for life" campaign and their individual class. If you are interested in representing your class's seat in the auditorium please take a look at your class year below and if there is no name--please email me and let me know you are willing to work with me. It will involve very little--just helping to put the "SFL" campaign in touch with Carthage College and Carthage High School alumni.
We are hoping that over the next year each class seat will have alumni giving to their "Class of year"
By agreeing to be the Class representative for your seat you will also get the "SFL" benefits for that seat--i.e.--guaranteed seat for all future ticketed events for that seat--invitation to the 2010 "A Christmas Wish" private "seats for life" celebration and the most importantly the satisfaction of being part of this historic rebirth of the Charger Center Auditorium.
Please take a look at the class years below and if your year is open--email me or call me so we can fill up every year as soon as possible
thanks
rob
217-357-1599
carsnfrd@adams.net
A2--50
A10--51
A12--52
B2--53
B4--54
B6--55
B8--56
B10--57
B12--58
C2--59
C4--60
C6--61
C8--62
C10--63
C12--64
A1--61   
B1--63
B3--64
B5--65
B7--66
C1--68--Jeanie Jones  jjones01@mchsi.com
C3--69
C5--70--Michael Thompson MR-Thompson3@wiu.edu
C7--71--Ron Schulz ron.schulz@mchsi.com
C9--72
D5--75--Karla Johnson  carsnfrd@adams.net
D7--76--Dick Burling richard.burling@il.usda.gov
D9--77--Julie Seaton julie.seaton@hhsc.state.tx.us
E1--78--Janet Geissler farmer_four@hotmail.com
E3--79--George Pintar gpcarson@mchsi.com
E5--80--Kathy (Seaton) Farrens kathy@farrensdesign.com
E9--82--Jeff Cokel jcokel@mchsi.com
F1--83--Jennifer Edholm jedholm@cesd317.org
F3--84--Stephanie Willey
F5--85--Rusty Willey Rusty.Willey@nisc.coop
F9--87
G1--88--Kelly (Plumley) Freeman kelly.freeman@mercbanx.com or (home) kellybfreeman@yahoo.com   
G3--89
G5--90
G7--91
G9--92
H1--93
H3--94
H5--95
H7--96--Lydia (Schmudlach) Gutting lgutting@frontiernet.net
H9--97
J1--98
J3--99
J5--00--Jared Murphy jmurphy@martinbros.com
J7--01--Jamie Whitcomb  Jwhitcomb@yetterco.com
J9--02
K1--03
K3--04--Megan Smiddy megan.smiddy@gmail.com
K5--05--Ashley Squier
K7--06
K9--07

rob 1-217-357-1599 cell
importuser

By importuser at 1/11/2010 10:28 AM

Here is my W's and itenerary for the 4th of July reunion weekend--very tentative!

Who: class reunions from 1960--2005--average of 25 grads with their spouse adds up to 50 per class x 10 classes--500 Carthage high school grads!
What:  Carthage High School Class reunions from 1960--2005. The people of Carthage coming together to prepare and celebrate with the 10 classes having class reunions
When: the 4th of July weekend 2010
Friday July 2nd:
The weekend kicks off with "High School Reunion 2010" in the all new Charger Center Auditorium. From 7 til-- 9pm go back in time with Andy Avery and friends entertaining you and your classmates with the songs of the 60's through the 00's. Lot's of surprises!
9pm--?individual class mixers at the local watering holes--get reconnected with old friends!
Saturday July 3rd:
8am--1pm--Fore! put your favorite 4some together or let us find you a team for the 1st annual Carthage High School golf tournament-golf--fun food drink and prizes for all!
9am--1pm all you non golfers--just enjoy a relaxing morning or do a little shopping on the historic Carthage Square
2pm--6pm--"PIG ROAST AT LAKE LINDA!--enjoy all the fixn's of a true midwest pig roast at the place we all have great memories of. The Brooks family's  "Lake Linda"!  Listen to live country music and enjoy the best roast pig ever!
It's BYOB so get your class together and bring your own refreshments--the rest is provided by the Brooks family!
8pm--midnight--STREET DANCE! Join the rest of the Carthage folks as they party into the night on the Historic Carthage Square--Rock and Roll at it's finest with a high quality band TBA! It's Saturday night on the square--LET'S PARTY!
Sunday July 4th:
8am--10am--Let's all give thanks together at the community worship service outdoors on the square.
11am-6pm --fun and games and the best 4th of July parade ever. Each class is invited to have their own float and you don't have to stuff any tissue! unless you want!
sundown: enjoy one of the finest fireworks displays in the midwest at the Illini West football field
Where: Everything is happening right here in Carthage Illinois--where all your memories began--where else could it be?
Why: The only thing needed for a successful reunion is people! By bringing 10 classes together over the 4th of July weekend, we can bring over 500 people together that share the same great memories of growing up in Carthage. We also take all the work out of individuals having to plan for their individual reunions--all the classes can enjoy a great weekend together---we can't wait to see you!
importuser

By importuser at 1/14/2010 4:50 PM

As I'm sure you know the Carthage College Campus has sat empty for over 15 years. The auditorium had 8' of water in the basement and was in terrible disarray. In December 2006, Carthage came together and cleaned up the auditorium and put on "A Christmas Wish" a show featuring the music of the Transiberian Orchestra--we filled the 500 seat auditorium 3 times and planted a seed to do something about our once beautiful campus. Since that time the campus has been sold by the South Koreans that owned it to a group of local swine veterinarians, Prairieland Investment Group (PIG), (gotta love the name)--they are in the process of renovating 4 of the campus buildings for offices, storage, and apartments. They also donated the Auditorium property to Carl Sandburg College, our local Junior College district. Tom Schmidt, CSC President, has made a huge commitment to the community by undertaking a $3mil phase 1 "Charger Center Project" on the auditorium. Phase 1 should be completed by the end of March 2010. What this means is that our beloved little Carthage Illinois will once again have a "state of the art" auditorium to house the communities gatherings and nuturing the fine arts. This is a very long winded reason as to why I am talking about Carthage High School class reunions. It is my hope that over the 2010 4th of July weekend and every 4th of July weekend going forward, the 10 classes from Carthage High school that will be celebrating their 5 year interval reunions will unite to have one huge Carthage High School celebration! If all 10 classes from 1960--2005 due for a reunion participate and we average 25 classmates with their spouse from each class attending--we will have 500 Carthage High School enthusiasts all coming together for one great weekend!!!! Here is the w's for what we have planned:
CLASS REUNION YEARS:
60--Terry Newell tlnewell@frontiernet.net
65--Mike Kilgore mike@myobgynrecruiter.com
70--
75--Rob Carson  carsnfrd@adams.net
80--
85--Rusty Willey willey@mchsi.com
90--Gretchen (Smith) Vacko VACKOGE@365u.will.k12.il.us
95--
00--Jared Murphy jmurphy@martinbros.com
05--Ashley Squier

INFORMATION ON CLASS REUNION 2010:

4th of July 2010---A new celebration of Carthage Pride!!!!

July 4th 2010 falls on a Sunday

Here is a tentative--gameplan for all the class reunions! from 5 to 50 years!
1960--1965--1970--1975--1980--1985--1990--1995--2000--2005

It always falls on the  classmates to organize--collect money--put together meals--itineraries--phone calls--dates--times--entertainment---etc....etc.....etc....
It gets to be a lot of work!!!!

Let 4th of July 2010 change all that for you folks!!!

we are currently putting together a  full weekend of entertainment--for YOUR class reunion over the 4th of july weekend 2010! It is guaranteed to be a fun filled yet relaxing weekend to enjoy with your former Carthage High School classmates as well as all the other folks you grew up with in Carthage--also celebrating their reunion! All you and your classmates have to do is go to www.carthage-il.com and go to the Carthage High School Reunion tab (currently under development) and sign up---everything else is taken care of.

Here is my W's and itenerary for the weekend--very tentative!

Who: class reunions from 1960--2005--average of 25 grads with their spouse adds up to 50 per class x 10 classes--500 Carthage high school grads!
What:  Carthage High School Class reunions from 1960--2005. The people of Carthage coming together to prepare and celebrate with the 10 classes having class reunions
When: the 4th of July weekend 2010
Friday July 2nd:
The weekend kicks off with "High School Reunion 2010" in the all new Charger Center Auditorium. From 7 til-- 9pm go back in time with Andy Avery and friends entertaining you and your classmates with the songs of the 60's through the 00's. Lot's of surprises!
9pm--?individual class mixers at the local watering holes--get reconnected with old friends!
Saturday July 3rd:
8am--1pm--Fore! put your favorite 4some together or let us find you a team for the 1st annual Carthage High School golf tournament-golf--fun food drink and prizes for all!
9am--1pm all you non golfers--just enjoy a relaxing morning or do a little shopping on the historic Carthage Square
2pm--6pm--"PIG ROAST AT LAKE LINDA!--enjoy all the fixn's of a true midwest pig roast at the place we all have great memories of. The Brooks family's  "Lake Linda"!  Listen to live country music and enjoy the best roast pig ever!
It's BYOB so get your class together and bring your own refreshments--the rest is provided by the Brooks family!
8pm--midnight--STREET DANCE! Join the rest of the Carthage folks as they party into the night on the Historic Carthage Square--Rock and Roll at it's finest with a high quality band TBA! It's Saturday night on the square--LET'S PARTY!
Sunday July 4th:
8am--10am--Let's all give thanks together at the community worship service outdoors on the square.
11am-6pm --fun and games and the best 4th of July parade ever. Each class is invited to have their own float and you don't have to stuff any tissue! unless you want!
sundown: enjoy one of the finest fireworks displays in the midwest at the Illini West football field
Where: Everything is happening right here in Carthage Illinois--where all your memories began--where else could it be?
Why: The only thing needed for a successful reunion is people! By bringing 10 classes together over the 4th of July weekend, we can bring over 500 people together that share the same great memories of growing up in Carthage. We also take all the work out of individuals having to plan for their individual reunions--all the classes can enjoy a great weekend together---we can't wait to see you!

The great thing about this is that each class member can go to www.carthage-il.com and click on the reunion 2010 and make their reservations--all we have to do is make sure that all the classmates have the information. For the non internet savvy-(pre--1975) :) we will do a mailing from each class rep. I hope to have the website up by the end of February--that will give us 4 months to solicit the masses. If we get the majority of the classmates to sign up online--in 5 years we will have a database of all the Carthage High School grads from 1960-2010!!!

I blog at www.carthage-il.com --click on forums and you'll find more information under events/business needs/schools etc........
Little Robbie Carson
p.s.--here is a link to a youtube video of Andy Avery singing in the 1st "A Christmas Wish"--He's headlining our "reunion" show!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5r63r3U-7k
importuser

By importuser at 1/19/2010 1:57 PM

Hi Guys,
Just came from the chamber meeting. If tourism is going to really take hold in Carthage, (and it is) we need to have a strong retail presence up and running when the people show up---we're talking about that 2--4 hours when there's 500 people coming to town to eat dinner before a show at the auditorium. We're talking about this happening 40-50 times a year from the 1st of May through Christmas. (January/February/March/April) yuck--We're talking about those 32 weekends that we are inviting people to Carthage to visit the old Jail--take in a Branson Show--attend an old time pig roast enjoy a class reunion.......and while they're here---enjoy our little town by shopping, eating, golfing, spaing their way aroung town for a couple of hours. Just take a moment and think what it is that you like to do when your on mini-vacation---now who in this area can offer this to you---just for a couple of hours 40-50 times a year
Here's my list:
homemade ice cream  local food    local music  a good show  t-shirts  antiques  historical plaques to read
18 holes of golf  Swimming    camping    boating    nightlife    friendly hosts  great prices  easy accessbility
good fishing great shows
what do you have to add?
unique shopping
local history
importuser

By importuser at 1/19/2010 2:00 PM

county fair food--elephant ears--funnel cakes--pork chop sandwichs--lemon shakeups
importuser

By importuser at 1/20/2010 12:46 PM

I'm real close to finishing this up--please consider taking your graduation year from Carthage High!! All you have to do is help the "seats for life" campaign get in touch with your fellow classmates--it can be as little as forwarding emails and posting on facebook. Come on 90's I know you've all got email and your all much more techy than us older folks! Let's see what 48 Carthage high school blueboys and bluegirls can accomplish!
I'd like to finish this up this week, so if you know of anyone from these class's that would be interested please have them contact me
thanks
Rob
1-217-357-1599
carsnfrd@adams.net

remaining openings:
61--63
90--91--92--93--94--96--99
03--06--07

A2--50
A10--51
A12--52
B2--53
B4--54
B6--55
B8--56
B10--57
B12--58
C2--59
C4--60
C6--61
C8--62
C10--63
C12--64
A1--61   
B1--63
B3--64--Curt Wilhite  cwilhite@frontiernet.net
B5--65--Mike Kilgore    mike@myobgynrecruiter.com

B7--66--Hod Dean advertising@journalpilot.com
C1--68--Jeanie (McHugh) Jones  jjones01@mchsi.com
C3--69--Mary Lynn (Carson) Tucker MTucker@blessinghospital.com
C5--70--Michael Thompson MR-Thompson3@wiu.edu
C7--71--Ron Schulz ron.schulz@mchsi.com

C9--72
D5--75--Karla (Reed) Johnson  Karlajohnson@mchsi.com
D7--76--Dick Burling richard.burling@il.usda.gov
D9--77--Julie Seaton julie.seaton@hhsc.state.tx.us

E1--78--Janet (Alexander) Geissler farmer_four@hotmail.com
E3--79--George Pintar gpcarson@mchsi.com
E5--80--Kathy (Seaton) Farrens kathy@farrensdesign.com
E9--82--Jeff Cokel jcokel@mchsi.com
F1--83--Jennifer Edholm jedholm@cesd317.org
F3--84--Stephanie (Freeman) Willey willey@mchsi.com

F5--85--Rusty Willey willey@mchsi.com

F9--87
G1--88--Kelly (Plumley) Freeman kelly.freeman@mercbanx.com or (home) kellybfreeman@yahoo.com   
G3--89--Jerilyn Miller tfs32@frontiernet.net

G5--90
G7--91
G9--92
H1--93
H3--94
H5--95--Amy (Alison) Bergman auntamy@hotmail.com
H7--96--

H9--97--Lydia (Schmudlach) Gutting lgutting@frontiernet.net
J1--98--Kristin (Menn) Huls khuls@illinois.edu
J3--99
J5--00--Jared Murphy jmurphy@martinbros.com