Carthage Chamber of Commerce Retail Committee

importuser

Carthage Chamber of Commerce Retail Committee

By importuser at 6/13/2008 12:58 PM

Posted by:carsnfrd
CARSON MOTORS TIMES
JANUARY 2006 VOL 1

ROB'S RANTS AND RAVES
Well, in case you haven't heard and have been wondering where last month's newsletter went, we've been a little busy here at Carson Ford! As of June 2nd 2008 Carl Motors Chevy/Buick/Pontiac and Carson Ford are now.....
CARSON MOTORS FORD/CHEVY/BUICK/PONTIAC
For over 130 years Carl Motors and Carson Ford have been providing the right people, prices and service to their Tri-State Ford, Chevy, Buick and Pontiac Customers. So, it was only natural that when Bob Carl and Tom Langan and their families were ready to enter into a well deserved retirement they knew that they would be leaving their customers in good hands with the Carson family. I must say that it  has been a pleasure working out the details with these fine gentlemen and their employees and I wish them much happiness in their retirement (even though I am a little jealous) :)
YOUR NEW OLD FRIEND IN THE CAR BUSINESS
Although there will be many changes going on behind the scenes over the next several months here at Carson Motors--the same smiling faces, great car deals, and unsurpassed service after the sale will still be the mainstay of our business philosophy here at Carson Motors. In the following articles I will try to go more in depth as to how all the departments are going to function and how coming together is not only going to make us a much more efficient dealership--but convenient as well!
Let me say this, no matter where you bought your last car, or where you currently have your vehicles serviced it is our commitment at Carson Motors Ford/Chevy/Buick/Pontiac to do whatever it takes to earn your future business!
WE WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND IN THE BUSINESS!
AND WE INTEND TO DO THIS THE SAME WAY
FORREST, BOB AND TOM
CARL, PETE AND ROB
HAVE DONE FOR THE PAST 130 YEARS
NOT BY SELLING YOU JUST A CAR TODAY---BUT PROVIDING YOU WITH TRANSPORTATION FOR A LIFETIME!
                                      THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AS WE TRANSITION TO OUR NEW FUTURE
                                                                                                p1ease stop in and say hello!
                                                                                            Rob
NEW VEHICLE SALES
Volume discounts--We sell more so we so can sell for less--biggest this--biggest that--the GM Giant
It's all a GM giant crock of  .........
Here are the facts.......
Every new car dealer in the United States pays the exact same price for their new cars and trucks
IT'S THE LAW!
Carson Motors Ford/Chevy/Buick/Pontiac can sell for less because our overhead is less
your not paying for acres of cars, and concrete and lights and all the giant glimmer
you only pay for the exact car that you want--not what the giant dealer  wants  to sell you!
In fact, we are so sure at Carson Motors that we will sell you at the lowest price in the marketplace
that if you can buy a new car or truck ordered or from dealer stock for less than we can sell it to you
WE'LL CHANGE YOUR OIL FREE FOR A WHOLE YEAR!!!
LET ME BE PERFECTLY CLEAR--WE ARE THE GIANT KILLER AND WE WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD
PERIOD!
Stop in at either location and let us show you just how fun and convenient it is to buy a new car from your friends in the business
Carson Motors Ford/Chevy/Buick/Pontiac

USED VEHICLE SALES
One of the really exciting things about the combination of the two dealerships is the introduction and continuation of
CERTIFIED PREOWNED VEHICLES
Carson Ford has been selling CPO units for several years--it's exciting that now Carson Motors will be selling not only the full line of Ford Motor Company CPO units but also the full line of General Motors CPO units
So what are Certified Preowned Units?
Well really they are the BEST OF BOTH WORLD'S for our preowned customers
You not only get the GREAT PRICE of purchasing a preowned vehicle
but you also get the PEACE OF MIND of knowing that you are buying
a fully inspected  front line vehicle that has FACTORY WARRANTY
CURRENTLY YOU CAN BUY A CPO VEHICLE IN MANY CASES AT
1/2 THE PRICE OF THE COMPARABLE NEW VEHICLE
AND GET INTEREST AS LOW AS
2.9%
WE HAVE 100'S OF CPO ELIGIBLE UNITS AVAILABLE TO US DAILY ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LET US KNOW WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR AND WE'LL FIND IT!!!!

PARTS AND SERVICE
The parts and service departments of Carson Ford and Carl Motors are undertaking a substantial part of the change over for the combining dealerships. All the same people are still in place, just they may be doing something a little different or in a different location!
The main parts and service department will be located in the former Carl Motors building
Bill Goddard- Service Manager and Mike Tracy--Parts Manager
will be able to offer you a full array of certified technicians and parts for the entire
Ford and General Motors vehicle lines
Albert Harrison--Master Certified Ford Technician and Stacie Wallace--Master Certified GM technician
bring over 50 combined years of experience to lead our team of highly trained professionals
that will fix your vehicle right the first time, on time, at a reasonable price.
PLEASE KNOW THAT NO MATTER WHERE YOU BOUGHT YOUR LAST VEHICLE
CARSON MOTORS FORD/CHEVY/BUICK/PONTIAC SERVICE DEPARTMENT WANTS TO MAKE IT OUR BABY

CARSON'S QUICKLUBE
Carson's Quicklube is one of the best kept secrets here at Carson Motors.
Justin Wright, your service advisor
along with Brad, Brian, and Bill
are still located in the old Carson Ford building
no matter what make/model/year or where you purchased matters
Carson's quicklube is here to perform all the scheduled maintenance and repairs at
discount pricing you'd expect at Wally World!
Be sure and take advantage of Carson's Quicklube
ONE YEAR OIL CHANGE PLAN
FIVE OIL CHANGES--FIVE CAR WASH'S--ONE LOW PRICE
You can write one check--once a year
for all your families or business's vehicles
it doesn't get any easier than this!
don't take your car anywhere else
why would ya!

CARSON'S CARCARE
Eldon, Randy and the boys are ready to make your car look, smell and feel new again!
Now that the dealerships have combined--Carson's Carcare is fully staffed to provide you with a full line of car care services.
From simple mitt wash and chamois dry car wash's
to
complete wheel's to roof details
Carson's Carcare will have your car looking Marvelous!
Located in the back of the Illinois Sec.of State License building
just pull around back and let them know what you want!
It's kind of like a spa for your ca!

CARSON FORD RENTAL
OK, this is definetly the best kept secret at Carson Motors
For over 10 years now Carson Ford has been providing rental cars to the tri state area at
VERY
competitive rates!
From compact car's to 15 passenger vans
over 30 in all
are available by the day--week--or month
be sure and ask Karla about our Mustang Convertible rental!!
What a great way to spend a weekend!
we will not be underpriced on rental cars!
call Karla for a quote!

ONE LAST NOTE FOLKS
I CAN'T SAY IT ENOUGH TIMES
  NO MATTER WHERE YOU BOUGHT YOUR LAST CAR
WE WANT TO PROVIDE YOU WITH BEST IN CLASS SERVICE
SO WHEN IT'S TIME TO BUY YOUR NEXT CAR
NO MATTER WHAT MAKE OR MODEL IT IS--FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC
WE WANT TO BE YOUR DEALERSHIP OF 1ST AND LAST  CHOICE
YOUR FRIEND IN THE BUSINESS
PAST/PRESENT/FUTURE

CARSON MOTORS INC
FORD CHEVY BUICK PONTIAC
HWY 136
CARTHAGE & HAMILTON
ILLINOIS
1-800-728-3589
www.carsonford.com
importuser

Re: Carthage Chamber of Commerce Retail Committee

By importuser at 8/11/2008 1:55 PM

I haven't posted here for 2 months. Been very busy getting the new Carson Motors up and running. I was amazed to see that as of today, this blog has had almost 8000 views!!! What does this tell me? that there are interested people seeking information about improving or adding to their business in Carthage. I am going to try and start adding my thoughts again on a regular basis.  8000 views!! wow!
importuser

By importuser at 8/19/2008 9:26 AM

CARSON MOTORS TIMES
AUGUST 2008 VOL 1

ROB'S RANTS AND RAVES

Hi Guys!
Well, two months in and we are still trying to get it all figured out as your one and only Ford/Chevy/Buick/Pontiac dealer in Hancock county!! Thankyou to everyone for YOUR kind words of encouragemnet on our new adventure. Lori and I need all the kind words we can get! Also, thanks to all of our wonderful mutual customers from Carson Ford and Carl Motors that have been kind enough to continue to do business with us even though it has been at times quite a challenge--the goofy phone system--not knowing where anyone is at now--where to take your car for which kind of service--etc...etc.
..THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!!! We are working very hard to work out the kinks and getting the process's in place so that we can offer you a best in class experience
whether your buying a new or used vehicle
utilizing our financial products
getting regular maintenance performed
having to have more extensive repair work
testing a truck--renting a car
or
simply getting a mitt wash and chamois dry car wash
Our goal here at Carson Motors Ford/Chevy/Buick/Pontiac is to make absolutely sure that every aspect of your automobile ownership experience with us is a
PLEASANT and AFFORDABLE experience
Please--- if you have any suggestions or concerns on how we can better serve you--do not hesitate to let me know! I want Carson Motors to be your one stop shop for all your automotive needs!
please stop in and say hi--(I'm still in the old building)    :)
                                                                      Rob

NEW VEHICLE SALES
DEALS--DEALS--DEALS
ON
TRUCKS--TRUCKS--TRUCKS
I know I have said it before--I have never seen truck rebates this high!!!
but here they are you can get up to $10000 off a new Ford or Chevy pickup
$$$$$TEN GRAND$$$$$$
ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND PENNIES
HEY, IF YOU LIVE IN THE CITY AND YOU COMMUTE TO WORK
YOU DON'T NEED A TRUCK!
IF YOU LIVE IN THE MIDWEST AND YOU ACTUALLY WORK FOR A LIVING
YOU NEED A TRUCK!
WHY NOT BUY ONE WHILE THEY'RE
CHEAP
FORD AND CHEVY BOTH ARE CLOSING A LOT OF TRUCK PLANTS
WHEN THESE TRUCKS ARE GONE
SO ARE THE HUGE DISCOUNTS!!!

USED VEHICLE SALES
Karla's rental department is winding down a very successful summer rental season!
This means she has over 20 very nice late model cars--trucks--vans--and suv's that she is turning over to the preowned vehicle department
2008 Focus's--Fusion's--Rangers--F150's--Escapes--Explorers
all with low miles--certified inspections--and showroom detailed
at a fraction of their new car price!!!
Why pay new car price when you can pay thousands less and have a
certified preowned Carson Motors rental vehicle
where the only previous owner was Carson Motors!
all the thrill of low price and monthly payments with the  "peace of mind" of new car warranty!
BUDGET VEHICLES
OVER 40 VEHICLES UNDER $10000
VANS--CARS--TRUCKS--SUVS
ALL READY TO GO
STOP IN TODAY!!!!

PARTS AND SERVICE
I AM SO PLEASED TO HAVE ALL OF OUR HIGH TECH SERVICE AND PARTS UNDER ONE ROOF IN THE CARL MOTORS BUILDING
MIKE TRACY-- FOR ALL YOUR FORD AND GM PARTS NEEDS
BILL GODDARD--FOR ALL YOUR MAJOR WARRANTY AND SERVICE SCHEDULING

ALBERT HARRISON --FORD MASTER CERTIFIED FORD TECHNICIAN

STACEY WALLACE--GM MASTER CERTIFIED GM TECHNICIAN
ALL I CAN SAY IS NO MATTER WHERE YOU BOUGHT YOUR VEHICLE
CARSON MOTORS WANTS TO WORK ON IT!
AND
--BELIEVE ME--
YOU WANT TO HAVE IT WORKED ON HERE
THESE GUYS ARE THAT GOOD!!

CARSON'S QUICKLUBE
LOCATED IN THE CARSON FORD BUILDING IN CARTHAGE
AND THE CARSON FORD BUILDING IN HAMILTON
DUSTIN AND DANNY
ARE ARMED AND READY
TO TAKE CARE OF ALL YOUR VEHICLES SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE
We service all makes and models, appointments are not necessary-but appreciated, vehicle service records are maintained on our computer system, and you can wait in our comfortable lounge area or take advantage of our service shuttle.
Be sure and ask about our
One Year Oil Change Plan
You receive 5 complete oil and filter changes with a Mitt Wash and Chamois Dry car wash for a low, low price
You only have to write one check for the whole family to keep their vehicles properly maintained and clean for an entire year!!
It doesn't get any easier than this to maintain your families vehicles!!!!

CARSON'S CARCARE
SINCE JUNE 1ST ELDON AND RANDY
HAVE TEAMED UP
To offer a convenient drive through car wash the way it is supposed to be done
with a hand mitt wash and a hand chamois dry
And we do it while you wait--you don't even have to get out of the car--  in about the same time as it takes to get change, load the quarters, step in the puddles  and spray off the top layer of dirt like your doing now. And get this, we will do it for
as little as $3.80* per wash!!

But don't take our word for it----give us a try!!!  We are located in the rear of the Illinois Driver's License Facility  just east of Carson Ford. Just pull around to the west garage door and we'll do the rest!
THE NEXT SUNNY DAY--GIVE US A TRY--COME ON --DO IT!!!
*25 token purchase plan price
WE ARE NOW FULLY STAFFED AND READY TO SERVE YOU!

CARSON FORD RENTAL
Karla Johnson's Rental department is the best kept secret at Carson Motors
Do you need a car for a special occasion?
How about a van for an upcoming family trip?
Or maybe you just need a temporary replacement vehicle after kissing a deer?
Karla's  Rental Department can help!!!
Karla carries a full line of late model car's--van's--truck's and suv's for any kind of temporary transportation need.
Karla guaratnee's to meet or beat any rental quote so why go anywhere else for your temporay rental needs
when you can have clean--almost new model vehicles-at the lowest possible price
and you get to see Karla's smiling face!!!

CARSON MOTORS INC
FORD CHEVY BUICK PONTIAC
HWY 136
CARTHAGE & HAMILTON
ILLINOIS
1-800-728-3589
217-357-2925
217-847-3686
www.carsonford.com
YOUR ONE STOP TRANSPORTATION SHOP!!!!!

Carson Ford Inc
Rob Carson Dealer
1-800-728-3589
importuser

By importuser at 8/19/2008 10:00 AM

Hi to all,
I am going t try and start blogging on a regular basis again now that the dealership merger is winding down!
W.I.N.----What's Important Now--- to Carthage retail business

Community Calendar--I still feel this is very important to keep all involved--If we could get all area organizations to use the Carthage web page calendar we would have a one stop shop---here's an idea--if we could have part of the chamber page be a snapshot of the current month's calendar--every organization that posts to the calendar would get a free plug in the Journal!

Illini West Fan Club---meeting Wed. Aug 20th at noon at the plumb to discuss strategy

Courthouse Centenial Celebration---How are we marketing for this?--T-shirts--commemerative coins--stretching it out more than just a day---

Farmer's Market---not been able to participate this year due to merger--how has it gone

Christmas Open House/12 days of Christmas/Christmas Variety show/Christmas Cash--believe it or not it's right around the corner

Winter Wonderland decorations-sorry I've missed a couple of meetings on this one--any updates?

Long term projects--these are game changers for the community!!!!
Memorial Hospital--
Methode Electronics--
Prairieland Investment Group (College Campus)
Charger Center--(Bryant Auditorium/fitness center/ gymnasium
Opening of Hwy 336---We are now on the 4-lane grid!!!!
Ethanol/dairy plant

Any comments are welcome to this site--I am just posting as a local business man with ideas to make things better--what are your thoughts?

importuser

By importuser at 8/20/2008 4:06 PM

aug 20th
retail meeting at the plumb--
Sue and Jared are doing a great job representing us!!!!
We need to work real hard to help them out.
Illini West Fan Club Offers:
There are going to be 5 home football games that will bring lots of people to town on a Friday night--what are you going to offer them to get them to come into your business--before or after the game???
[b]Carson Motors theme this year is "Friday Night Lite" --stop in and test drive any vehicle and Carson Motors will Friday Night Lighten your load by taking $.50 a gallon off of your next fillup at Casey's!!!!!! [/b]
What real benefit can you offer your customers on game night to get them to come a little early or stay a little later?
Let Sue or JAred know
thanks
rob
importuser

By importuser at 8/21/2008 2:28 PM

Great News!
On Homecoming Friday Sept 12th Carson Ford--Illini West High School and the Illini West Sports/Music Boosters are teaming up with Ford Motor Company to offer a  "Cruise 4 UR School" Test drive promotion.
Ford will make a $20 to the booster clubs for every test drive on this date up to 300 test drives. That adds up to $6000 for our high school booster clubs!!!!
Here are the facts
who: Ford Motor Company--Carson Ford--Illini West High School--Illini West Sports/Music Boosters and You!

what: "Cruise 4 UR School" Test drive promotion--Ford and Carson Ford are so proud of their new products
that we want everyone to test drive one--and if 300 Illini West Fans test drive one on Homecoming Friday--They will donate $6000 to the Illini West Sports/Music Booster Clubs!

when: Illini West Homecoming weekend--Friday September 12th--noon til 6pm or until 300 test drives are completed!

where: The north side of the Historic Hancock County Courthouse will be the location from noon til 5pm with all the cars moving to the High School Fuzz Burgess Field southwest entrance for a tailgate party up until Kickoff--hopefully all 300 hundred test drives will be completed on the square!!!

why: Ford has some tremendous new vehicles that are equal or better than the import competition in quality--design--and fuel economy-----Ford is willing to make a $6000 donation to Illini West Sports/Music Boosters to prove this point!!
Carson Ford is proud to be a part of this community and the fact that they can give back to it by offering this program!  FORD--DRIVE ONE
importuser

By importuser at 8/25/2008 12:38 PM

monday August 25th

food for thought!
Who can we find at the school (FBLA--seems to be an obvious choice) to set up the school calendar on the Community Calendar at www.carthage-il.com . Not whats for lunch, but the games/concerts/holidays/awards--things that the community would like to know about so they can attend.
It could also be a great continuous fund raiser for the club--anytime a local group wants to list on the community calendar they could fill out a who/what/when/where/why pre produced form and either email or fax it to the club and they could load it to the calendar for a $5--$10 donation!!
I am going to try and get the chamber to include a monthly snapshot of the community calendar on the chamber page every month so people will be reminded to go to the community calender to see what's going on!
Rob
importuser

By importuser at 8/25/2008 3:20 PM

RULES FOR POSTING BUSINESS OFFERS TO THE ILLINI WEST FAN CLUB
POSTED LAST YEAR-
SEPTEMBER 10TH 2007

The initial signup at the last two home games for the www.goilliniwest.com fan buttons have been very successful. The word is out that if your a fan your a welcome customer at many local merchants.
The poll has been open for a week and we have had only 7 votes. I really don't think that makes a reliable test. After reading some very good posts on the subject, I would like to put this out to the committee
In order for a business to participate in the www.goilliniwest.com promotion--it must meet the following criteria:
1) Be a member of the Carthage Area Chamber of Commerce or
2) pay a onetime fee of $20 for listing their offer on the www.goilliniwest.com webpage and participate in the ongoing school year programWe will revisit this program next school year-- I believe that it is in the best interest of every local business to be a member of the Carthage Chamber of Commerce--however the Illini West School district is new and is much larger than what historically has  been the Carthage Area Chamber of Commerces scope of business. I also believe that any program that the chamber offers should be revenue neutral--in other words---should pay it's own way. A small fee to list is a way to achieve this in the future.
Thoughts? changes?
RC
importuser

By importuser at 8/28/2008 9:46 AM

Thursday August 28th 2008

I am going back and reposting some of my ramblings from last year. Here is one for "buying at home"
It is so important that we all try to buy at home--it truly does cost us all when we don't!
for example--we can no longer buy appliances--T.V.'s--jewelry--furniture-- in Carthage! Why, because local business's have to be supported locally! Many communities around us no longer have local restaurants--car dealerships--lumber yards--banks--hardware stores-- clothing stores-- gift shops-- ag supplies-- insurance agencies-- attorneys-- beauty shops- grocery stores--tire shops--government offices--newspapers--radio stations--print shops--golf courses-- relators-- health care (including hospitals)---and Yes---even SCHOOL DISTRICTS--[b]because WE didn't do everything possible to try and support them!!! Small towns are dying because of US!!!! Nobody else is to blame and nobody else can fix it but us![/b]
We are all guilty of it and we all have the ability to change it
As business people we have to resolve to be competitive, accessable and convenient and as community leaders we must make every effort--even occasionally at the expense of our own wants and desires--to keep our dollars at home!
[b]Here is the post from last year top ten reasons to shop at home![/b]
I have come to the healthy conclusion that it is not that  people
intentionally buy out of town--we simply don't think about it. That is why
we need to continually educate ourselves on the fact that spending our hard
earned dollar back into the community that we got it from--just makes good
sense--for us! It benefits all of us both individually and as a group to give a concerted effort to make our purchases locally. .
I have gone as far as to list the "The Top Ten Reasons To Buy In
Carthage"---Hey, this would make a great 10 week segment in the Journal
Pilot---hint--hint--each week you could disect one of the 10 reasons--get
interviews--produce figures--really educate us about the REAL benefits of
keeping our hometown $'s home. Do you want to see my top ten?
I knew you did!

10)howdy neighbor!  The local business's you do business with are your
friends, neighbors, church members, club members--if you don't do business
with them they might not be there in your community in the future--that's
sad!

9)It's convenient! There is nothing more convenient than to let your local
business know what you want and let them provide it for you. Simply simple!

8)saves time! refer to #9-- no driving, web surfing, fretting over which
direction to go, just stop in at your local business and let them provide
you their good or service!

7)Saves Gas!--o.k. a trip to Quincy is 70 miles roundtrip-that's 3.5
gallons of gas at 20 mpg or $11.34 just to get there and you haven't bought
a thing[b]!( do the math today and it is even higher)![/b]

6)save money--so you've spent $11.34 just to get to wally world now your
really going to save some money! You buy $200 worth of stuff over and above
the $50 worth of stuff you went in for and you save a--let's say 5% over
what you could of bought the $50 for at home. Don't forget the overpriced
hamburgers/fries/drinks you had to buy to con the family to go with you.
Let's do the math---buy what you need at home $50 x .0625 sales tax
==$3.125----- total spent at home $53.13
$50 spent on what you need at 5% discount==$47.50
$47.50 x 7.5% Quincy sales tax =$3.56--$51.06
You've saved a whopping $2.07---or did you? don't forget the $11 in
gas--where and tear on the car--$215 in junk you really didn't need and the
$45 worth of junk food that went right back to your hip pocket and I don't
mean in change!
let's see that little shopping excursion cost you $53.13 in
Carthage and $322.06 in Quincy--hmmmm

5)lower sales tax---Carthage 6.25%--Quincy 7.5%
$100 you spend in Quincy it costs you $1.25
$1000---$11.25
$10000---$112.50
and that money pays for Quincy's roads, parks, sewers,
why should you pay for Quincy's pothole repair?

4)better service---let's face it--when you buy something from wally world
that needs service--you just take it back and get another one right? simple
until you refer to the whole ordeal in #6--another $250 trip. At home your
local business is commited to service after the sale--
if they don't offer good service--how can they face you at school,
church---remember they're your neighbors!

3)lower property taxes for all---did you know that over
1/3 of all the taxes collected in Carthage is from sales tax? (you will
need to get the actual #'s--i'm imbellishing ) That's over $250,000 a year
that would have to come from your property tax if the local business's
weren't there. If everyone made a concerted effort to buy locally the
property taxes could go down!!!

2)It's your future! Carthage is a great place to live, work and play.
Imagine for a moment Carthage with no grocery store, lumber yard, car
dealer, hospital,school,restaurant ([b]FURNITURE STORE[/b])
those business are there only if you patronize them--if you don't use
them--you will lose them!

drum roll please!!!!.......and the #1 reason to do all your business at
home----

1) WE ALL WIN---Whether your a Dr,--lawyer, teacher, preacher, baker,
homemaker, clerk, soda jerk, or do partime paperwork---you benefit from a
strong business community!! give our local merchants a try before WE buy!

importuser

By importuser at 8/29/2008 8:19 AM

August 29th 2008

I was shocked to pull up to the 4way stop in Carthage this morning  and see our Superintendent of Illini West School District 307 driving a Chevrolet Tahoe purchased from and with Shottenkirk advertisments plastered on the front license plate bracket. If for any reason our family, employee's or Dealership have done anything that would have caused him to buy this vehicle outside of the Illini West School District 307 boundries, please accept our deepest apologies for whatever we have done. If this is not the case and he simply chose to purchase outside the Illini West School District 307 boundries for purely personal reasons, it is his right and privilege to do so.
However, It would be untruthful and unfair of us to not let him know that as our Superintendent of Illini West School District 307--[b]of whom which we trust with the education of our children, the tax dollars collected to educate our children, and the donations generated to enhance our children's education---doesn't even trust our family or our dealerships enough to give us the opportunity to provide him with his own personal transportation needs upsets us deeply.[/b]
For over 50 years Carson Ford and now Carson Motors Ford/Chevy/Buick/Pontiac have paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in property taxes, generated hundreds of thousands of sales tax dollars to offset property taxes, have given thousands of hours of community service,  provided trucks for floats, convertibles for homecoming queens, oil changes for fund raisers,  a $5000 donation to the education foundation, untold thousands in misc. donations and most recently are preparing to facilitate a $6000 donation to the sports/music boosters all on behalf of Illini West School District 307. Why? To many it would seem to be just sly marketing--keeping our name in front of all those people at the parade for really cheap advertising--in his case that obviously didn't work. The truth of the matter is, Carson Motors cares about this community. We care about our school district and the education that our children are recieving.
The Superintendent of Illini West School District 307's personal decision to purchase a Chevrolet Tahoe with Shottenkirk advertisements plastered on the front license plate bracket will not change our commitment to our  community or our school. Sadly--it only demonstrates that the Superintendent of Illini West School District 307 simply doesn't care.
sincerely
Rob and Lori Carson
and the 18 families
employed by
Carson Motors Ford/Chevy/Buick/Pontiac
importuser

By importuser at 9/2/2008 12:55 PM

[b]Great News![/b] On Homecoming Friday Sept 12th Carson Ford--Illini West High School and the Illini West Sports/Music Boosters are teaming up with Ford Motor Company to offer a  "Cruise 4 UR School" Test drive promotion.
[b]Ford will make a $20 to the booster clubs for every test drive on this date up to 300 test drives. That adds up to $6000 for our high school booster clubs!!!![/b]Here are the facts
who: Ford Motor Company--Carson Ford--Illini West High School--Illini West Sports/Music Boosters and You!

what: "Cruise 4 UR School" Test drive promotion--Ford and Carson Ford are so proud of their new products
that we want everyone to test drive one--and if 300 Illini West Fans test drive one on Homecoming Friday--They will donate $6000 to the Illini West Sports/Music Booster Clubs!

when: Illini West Homecoming weekend--Friday September 12th--noon til 6pm or until 300 test drives are completed!

where: The north side of the Historic Hancock County Courthouse will be the location from noon til 5pm with all the cars moving to the High School Fuzz Burgess Field southwest entrance for a tailgate party up until Kickoff--hopefully all 300 hundred test drives will be completed on the square!!!

why: Ford has some tremendous new vehicles that are equal or better than the import competition in quality--design--and fuel economy-----Ford is willing to make a $6000 donation to Illini West Sports/Music Boosters to prove this point!!
Carson Ford is proud to be a part of this community and the fact that they can give back to it by offering this program!  FORD--DRIVE ONE

importuser

By importuser at 9/8/2008 8:13 AM

Monday September 8th

Hi to all!

We had a very exciting meeting concerning the "future of Carthage" Charger Center! For more information go to the education forum of this website under Carl Sandburg College and I will try to keep you updated on the latest happenings as they happen!
RC
importuser

By importuser at 9/8/2008 8:21 AM

I AM SORRY, BUT I AM GOING TO HAVE TO SCOLD YOU A LITTLE THIS MORNING. IF YOU ARE A RETAIL BUSINESS IN CARTHAGE AND HAVEN'T GIVEN YOUR ILLINI WEST FAN CLUB OFFER TO SUSAN--WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!
IT'S FREE!! EVEN IF IT BRINGS IN ONE MORE CUSTOMER THIS ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR --IT IS FREE!!!
IF YOU'VE GOT ALL THE TRAFFIC YOU CAN HANDLE--DON'T SEND SUSAN YOUR OFFER--
OTHERWISE GET YOUR OFFER IN TO SUSAN----IT'S FREE!!!
SHE IS DOING ALL THE HEAVY LIFTING--ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS
THINK ABOUT WHAT WILL DRIVE TRAFFIC TO YOUR BUSINES
AND SEND SUSAN AN EMAIL--IT'S FREE!
WHEN BUSINESS IS SLOW YOU CAN DO TWO THINGS
[b]WHINE OR WORK[/b]
YES---I AM YELLING AND I DON'T MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE--BUT IF YOU AREN'T EVEN WILLING TO GET INVOLVED WITH SOMETHING THAT IS FREE---WHAT ELSE CAN YOUR RETAIL COMMITTEE OR YOUR CHAMBER DO FOR YOU?
NEED IDEAS--GIVE ME A CALL--I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE WE CAN COME UP WITH SOMETHING
rOB
importuser

By importuser at 9/11/2008 9:29 AM

Hi Guys,
all the best laid plans and Mother Nature is still in the mix. The Cruise 4 UR School test drive will happen tomorrow rain or shine--we may just have to move it. I'll be touch.
rob
importuser

By importuser at 9/11/2008 10:45 AM

Ford, Gm and Chrysler (up until they were acquired by Mercedes) have
for decades been the target of the media's insatiable appetite to
sensationalize any event that could be detrimental to the bottom line
of these car companies. (Remember 60 minutes and the firecrackers on
the Chevy pickup?) Unfortunately, this lopsided coverage of the auto
industry by "Toyota worshipers" continues. A recent article in a
national automotive news publication touted the headline that the
Ford F150 had failed an insurance institute crash test. One had to
read into the article to find that a number of foreign vehicles had
actually performed worse than the F150. But the F150 grabbed the
headline.
  I am not looking for my customers to drape themselves in the
American Flag and chant "down with the imperialist Japanese
automakers". However, I would like for the American consumer to price and compare the foreign models with their American counterparts--and if there is a tie
in their comparables--it should go to the domestic. Hey, I think the
Toyota is a good product--but I think Ford/GM got it's new product "just
right" also. Tie goes to the domestic. Why do I think the tie should
go to the hometown boy?
1) I have a Ford and Chevy tattoo on my buttocks
2) Umpteen million people rely on the American
Automakers and their suppliers (like Methode Electronics in Carthage) for a job or a retirement check--The
foreign car companies only provide a fraction of this.
3) the money spent on a domestic car or truck stays in the States so it can pay for healthcare, 
community infrastructure, government retirement benefits ( are you going to get
social security from Tokyo?), and in John Q's paycheck that  works at the local parts supplier and is your good neighbor and friend.
> The tie should go to the domestic car.

One of my dealer friends saw a bumper sticker on a Toyota that
read "remember Pearl Harbor"--such irony. All I ask is that the next
time your in the market for a new automobile and your considering a foreign model, give me a call.  I'd love the opportunity to show you all the new Ford/GM products we have available that are comparable and competitive to the foreign offerings. I am sure you will agree that Ford will meet or beat this competition every time.                                                                                 
Add in Carson Motor's award winning service and your choice is obvious!

It's not even close to a tie!
                                                                                            Thanks for your business!  Rob